Give Your Heart a Break

Start from the beginning

"Hey," Kim shouted, trying to get everyone's attention. "What are we going to do about the whole upstaging my mother thing?"

"Maybe she forgot about it already," Jade suggested with a shrug of her shoulders. "Your mother seems like the air-headed, in one ear and out the other, type. I bet she's forgotten all about it by now."

"I guess you're right," Kim agreed, her stomach spinning in discomfort.

***

The next morning, they found themselves seated in one of the resort's many restaurants eating breakfast. Everything was back to normal, and it seemed that no one remember Sasuke's idiotic declaration.

"I want pancakes, dattebayo," Naruto shouted out his order. It caused two different reactions from two different girls. Hinata giggled at his loudness, and Sakura smacked him across the head. "Hina-chan, protect me," the blond exclaimed as he buried his head in the indigo haired girl's shoulder.

"Do-" Sasuke was cut off when something sickeningly-sweet was shoved into his mouth.

"I don't want to hear any of your nonsense," Kim hissed, tired of the younger boy's commentary. Sasuke glared at her and spit out sweet bread he had in his mouth out into his napkin. "Ewwww! That's gross!"

"That's disgusting," Itachi muttered in disgust.

"I don't like sweets," Sasuke defended himself.

"How can you not like sweets? Itachi can eat at least ten sticks of dango by himself," Nagato said, wondering how the two were even related.

"Then there was that time he ate like twenty boxes of pocky in one day, un," Deidara added, shuddering at the memory.

"Not to mention all the candy he scarfed down at Jade's birthday party," Konan pointed out.

"What the hell," Sasuke exclaimed. He was giving his brother really strange looks. Itachi was just sitting there drenching his chocolate chip pancakes in syrup and pilling fruit onto his plate.

"What," the eldest Uchiha asked when he felt everyone staring at him.

"How can you eat that much sweets," Kim asked. She thanked the waitress who placed her omelette down in front of her and prepped the first bite. "I've tried, but I always end up getting headaches or throw up. Last time I want to the dentist, I had two cavities."

"I bet he does," Sakura added, scooping more fruit cocktail into her bowl. "You can't eat as many sweets as he does and not have any repercussions."

"Why is everyone suddenly so interested in my teeth," Itachi asked confused. He was wondering how the conversation had went from Sasuke not liking sweets to how many cavities he might have.

"You can all go to the dentist when we get back to the states," Ren told them, jumping into the conversation for the first time in hopes of ending it. Was it too much to ask that they let him enjoy his breakfast with some peace and quiet?

"Hey! You're Bianca Garcia's daughter right," a tall man with green eyes and light brown hair asked as he walked up to the table. Ren let his fork drop to his place with a clatter, rubbing the place between his eyebrows. Maybe it was too much to ask.

"Uh, yeah," said daughter answered unsurely around a mouthful of omelette. She stared at the man, who wore a pair of kaki pants and a blue freshly ironed button down shirt. She swore she had seen him somewhere before. 

"I'm Juan Gutierrez." It all came back to her. The man was a popular Latin American actor from Cuba, most known for his many roles in daytime Spanish soaps. "I'll be the host of the New Year's Eve Event. I heard about your challenge to your mother about giving the better performance, and then I thought 'Hey this would make great television!' I can see it now Bianca Garcia versus, what's your name again?" He looked at her in confusion, his mind drawing a blank.