Chapter 8

A/N: Hola guys! Yup I kept my promise n uploaded today even though it’s a little late hehe…Hope u enjoy! Your comments really help so don’t forget to

Vote !!!! Comment !!!!! And Fan too if u want !!!!!!!!!!

I was silent for a few minutes after we got in. Okay, so saying I was a little scared would be a understatement. I was downright terrified! I was meeting his family! This was a huge deal.

‘’Wow, someone’s quiet’’ muttered Jayden, while glancing at me.

‘’Keep your eyes on the road’’ I mimicked him from yesterday, and gave a cheeky grin. Okay, so this was helping with the nerves…a lot!

‘’Now, there’s the Riley we all know and love’’ he said, as he rolled his eyes. I rolled my eyes but I couldn’t help the tiny increase in my heartbeat.

‘’So tell me about your family?’’ I asked a little curiously. He glanced at me again.

‘’Okay, um, my mom’s name is Alexandria. She works at the local hospital as a nurse’’ he stated and glanced at me; as if I was gonna remark. I smiled at him, encouraging him to continue. He nodded before continuing. ‘’Zach and Zoe are twins. They’re 9 years old, and are the naughtiest kids you’ll probably see. We have a 4 year old golden retriever called Max’’ he finished. I frowned. Why hadn’t he mentioned his dad anywhere?

‘’What about your dad?’’ I asked softly. Ok so I did know what happened and I know I should have kept my mouth shut but I couldn’t help it!

His grip on the steering wheel tightened till the point where his knuckles turned white.

‘’He died 2 years ago’’ he said in a calm, blank voice. I understood. He’d put his guards up. He wasn’t going to let me in. But why would he? Why did I feel so disappointed when he didn’t want to tell me how it affected him? When he didn’t want to share it with me? I shouldn’t feel lie this! But I couldn’t help myself and I was feeling this. I just stared at him for another few minutes before staring out the window. I don’t know how long it took to get to his house but right now, I just wanted to get the hell out of this awkward silence that grown inside the room.

He sighed before glancing at me again.

‘’I’m sorry, it’s just…hard for me…to talk ab-about my…da-dad’’ he stuttered. I gently put my hand on his. He jumped and swerved the car but quickly got back into lane. He gave me a incredulous look before fixing his eyes in front again.

‘’It’s ok, I understand. My mom’s dead too remember’’ I said and he flinched. Probably at my calm and sincere tone. I understood his pain. Even though I’d only been 5 at the time, I understood what it felt like losing your parents, because I’d lost not only my mom but also my dad.

I took my hand back and placed it gently on my lap. He gave me a glance again. I turned on the radio, and ‘Moves Like Jagger’ by Maroon 5 started playing. I sang along to it, doing all the “oo’s” and choruses, since I didn’t really know the song that well.

A few minutes later we pulled in front of a small building. It was white in color and there was a little garden outside. There were roses planted in pots and a few leafy plants that I couldn’t quite name. Standing outside were two little kids, a girl and a boy.

They had the same dirty blonde hair like Jayden, but where his eyes were a beautiful green, theirs were a pale blue. The girl, Zoe, had her long hair in a plait and it came down till her waist. She was wearing a light blue summer dress, that looked the exact shade of her eyes and brown sandals. She was carrying a pink backpack. She looked adorable!