Chapter 14

• Dedicated to The Christmas and Holiday Season!

“Rise and shine, sleepyhead” commented a rather cheerful voice somewhere above me. Just give me a few minutes and they won’t be so cheerful anymore.

I groaned and shifted my face away from the voice, burying my face into someone’s hair.

“Go away” I muttered, noticing that the owner of the hair also let out a faint groan.

“No can do sunshine” exclaimed the cheerful voice again; you know what, that was sounding a lot like Cole in fact. I squinted my eyes a bit before opening them, letting out another groan when the brightness of the room blinded me.

“Cole” I moaned, turning and pulling the blanket over my head. “Piss off”

“Aaw, and what would be the fun in that?”

My eyes had snapped closed again but I swear I know he’s pouting right now. I peeked one eye open to check. Yup, I’m right. I sighed. No use now, I wasn’t getting any more sleep with this doofus towering over us. 

“What’s the time?” I mumbled, sitting up and stretching out my limbs.

“5 o’clock” he shrugged. I froze and my head snapped to him as my eyes widened and jaw dropped.

“It’s only 5 freakin am and you woke me up?!” I yelled, all traces of sleep erased off my face now. I was livid; no one, I mean no one takes away my sleep! Especially without a good enough reason.

I got out of bed and stalked towards him, glaring death glares and pounding my right fist in my left. Cole looked a little scared but was amused for the most part; which did nothing to help his case, honestly.

“Seriously Cole, I mean what the heck? Why in the hell would you wake me up at 5 am?!” I exclaimed, narrowing my eyes to slits.

“Um… I was bored and lonely?” he said, well more like asked actually. He jutted his bottom lip out. Oh hell no, do not even try and give me the puppy dog look.

“Cole!” I snapped.

“What?” he asked innocently, widening his eyes just a fraction and sniffling once and voila, the perfect ‘Parker puppy dog look’ had been completed.

“No!” I yelled, covering my eyes. No, I refuse to look. I-I refus-se to lo..look…

Damn I lost.

“Ugh!” I moaned. “Why’d you wake me up?” I demanded.

“I was bored and lonely, and needed some serious company” he repeated.

“This is why you need to invite your friends over” I muttered as I walked into Kat’s closet and picking out my outfit for the day. Surprising and unsurprisingly, Kat had slept through the whole manifesto me and Cole had just a few minutes ago.

I picked out a denim mini skirt that ended mid thigh and a cute baby pink tee, and a jean jacket on top. I grabbed my spare black ankle heels. I walk over to the bathroom, as he followed me. I turned around at his voice.

“Why would I need them, when I have you?” he grinned cheekily at me.

“Smart ass” I mumble again, fake smiling once, before shutting the door in his face and sighing. That boy! What am I going to do with him?

I just took a quick shower, brushed my teeth and changed into my clothes. All in a matter of 20 minutes. I got out, now refreshed and put on a dab of make up and put on a random necklace. I picked up my white tote from yesterday before drawing closed the curtains and exiting the room quietly.

Kat was still sleeping, which didn’t come as a surprise and I’m sure she wouldn’t be getting up till another hour or so at least…

I walked into the kitchen and grabbed an apple, taking a big bite and chewing it as I studied Cole who was eating his cereal, extra, extra slowly.