Chapter 15

Dedicated to Silverkey as I promised for being awesome and so so supportive of this story! Love you! *runs up to you and hugs you tightly* And thanks! =)

“Um…” I trailed off. Just great! It was all Cole’s fault anyway. I mean he’s the genius who came up with the stupid plan… I just went along with it. Somehow that didn’t really seem like such a great explanation. I sighed, and decided with the truth.

“Um… well you see, it’s actually a really funny story, uh,” I started, and his frown just deepened. “Uh, well you see” I tried again.

“Uh, uh, what?” he snapped. I involuntarily jumped, and his face softened as his right hand reached out to mine. I let him grab my hand and give it a squeeze once. “Sorry” he smiled sheepishly. I offered him a tentative smile and took a deep breath.

Damn you, Cole. Damn you to hell and back. I cursed him in my mind.

“Well, it started an hour ago, actually. Cole woke me up, saying something about being bored and shit,”

“Do you have to swear?” Jayden asked me, raising his eyebrows amused. I smirked back at him.

“Yup! What cha gonna do about it?” I teased him back.

“Whatever, just continue”

“Well you’re the one who distracted me” I muttered under my breath. When I saw he was about to protest or make a remark, I held up one hand. “You gonna let me continue or what?” Hs sighed and nodded. “Okay, so where were we, ah! Yeah, he woke me up. And then he practically forced me out. He wanted to know where we could go since he was bored. I suggested a few places but Mr. Hotshot wanted to pick up some ladies so we came here” I paused for a breather.

“Hate to break it to him, but I don’t think he’s getting laid here today” he commented breezily. I nodded.

“Get that in his stupid head” I stated coldly. What? He’s the reason I‘m freaking here!

“Okay so where do I end up in this?” he questioned.

“Uh,” I started; I rubbed my neck nervously, while flashing him a small smile. “You see, well Cole wanted you here!” I blurted out suddenly.

“Uh huh. Yeah tell him, I don’t swing that way,” he raised his eyebrows, clearly calling my bluff, but yeah a slight pink tinge did claim his cheeks.

“No! Cole’s definitely straight!” I exclaimed, before continuing, “I don’t mean, I mean I didn’t mean it that way, well actually he just wanted to see your reaction” I confessed, ducking my head a bit.

“My reaction?” he asked, as a puzzled expression settled on his face. I nodded.

“Yeah he wanted to know if you’d freak, or if you’d actually care if someone called you, at such an early hour, talking like a freak on my phone. The freak part he had completely covered, the idiot.” I admitted, giving him a sheepish smile.

“Well how’d I do?” he asked, furrowing his brow, as a slightly worried and anxious expression came onto his face. I smiled internally at how adorable he looked. Like a little kid who didn’t know if he got all the answers correct on the test.

I walked till I was standing right in front of him. He still hadn’t caught on. I leaned up on my tippy toes– cause he’s just so freaking tall! – till I was breathing right next to his ear. I made sure that my voice was really low and seductive.

“I think you passed with flying colors” I murmured with complete confidence. Well it’s true, he had. I placed a delicate chaste kiss on his cheek, lingering for a few moments. I pulled back after that, and stood upright properly, and flashed him a bright smile. Jayden seemed sort of dazed but returned my smile with a full blown grin.