Chapter 13

• Dedicated to Every One Who Reads This Story And Supports It !!!!!!

I heard another crash from inside the house before someone finally opened the door.

“Riley dearie!” the elderly woman exclaimed as she opened the door fully and enveloped me in a quick hug. I returned the gesture whole heartedly.

“Hey grams” I said back, smiling as she released me. She looked me up and down once, and let out a low whistle.

“Are you trying to kill an old lady with a heart attack, hot stuff?” she winked, as she gestured me inside the house. I laughed at her comment.

“You? And old? What are you talking about? If we go to a mall right now, people are gonna think you’re my sister, little sister” I winked back, as I sat down on the couch across from grams, also known as Kat’s paternal grandmother, Rose Parker. Grams was just what we called her.

She laughed, and flicked my nose. “Always the flirt”

“You know it” I winked back. “So where are those two idiots? I could hear them from outside.” I asked her. She sighed.

“Cole’s room” she grumbled. “Gah!” she gave a frustrated yell, before turning her attention towards me. “I love my grandson, truly I do, but I hate it when him and Kat fight like cats and dogs” she sighed, sounding really stressed out. I put a comforting hand around her arm and gave it a little squeeze.

“You know it’s their way off showing their love” I softly said, just as we heard another crash and Kat letting out a scream. I sighed.

“I know. But that doesn’t change the fact that they still cost me a heck of a lot of money to replace the things they break” she joked. I giggled. Money wasn’t really a problem for the Parker family. Grams was an international bestselling author, and had so many bestsellers. She’d occasionally go for book signs or book tours, but they were never more than a month. Sometimes me and Kat too would tag along. It was really fun.

“That reminds me, what’s the latest masterpiece?” I questioned, sending her an honestly curious expression. Last I heard from her was about a month ago, and she’s said that she was working on a new novel, and I’d be damned before I said, I wasn’t curious! All I knew was it was set to be in an 18 year olds perspective about her senior year.  And that’s it. No more information to her biggest fan. It really was disappointing.

She gave me playful smirk and held her chin up. “Well, you’ll just have to find out when it comes out” My jaw dropped.

“How is that fair? Oh come on grams?” I sent her the puppy dog eyes, I mean who can say no to that right?... Apparently grams can, I mean she hasn’t even batted an eyelash and is staring me head on. I turned away with a sigh. Old Lady 1, Riley 0.

“Fine, when does it come out?” I raised my voice, because another yelling fest had just started upstairs.

“When you lot graduate!” she excitedly squealed, clapping her hands. “Exactly the day after”

“That’s another 4 months! Oh grams, come on” I pleaded, but she wouldn’t budge. Finally I sunk my head in defeat, just as I heard Kat and Cole at it again and this time I snapped.

“I’m gonna go talk to those idiots… again.” I murmured to grams as I went up the stairs.

“Good luck, trust me you’re gonna need it, it’s like a warzone there” she proclaimed back, shaking her head. I smiled once again at her and then threw open the door to Cole’s room.

The sight I saw in front of me was utter and complete chaos! Furniture broken, the bed’s mattresses and covers strewn around the room; curtains torn. It looked like someone just dropped a bomb, went back for another and dropped the second one too.