"Oww! Don't do that!" Judy cried.

"Hmm...just as it seems."

"What do you mean Doc?" Nick asked."She did contract it."

"WHAT?!" Judy gasped nearly fainting.

"Just kidding! Let me just go and get the alcohol and antibiotics to keep you in good condition."

Judy's heart melted as she sighed in relief. "Not funny." She muttered.

Nick stunned Judy, as he patted her on her head, ruffling her fur. "Cheer up; this has to be better than most doctor visits."

"I don't like it when doctors joke about serious matters."

"Oh."

"Yeah." After the doctor visit, Judy was sent home by Chief Bogo with the assistance of Nick.

Arriving at her apartment, Nick ran his fingers through his fur on his head. "So um, I guess I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Nah."

"Oh, well that's a bummer." Opening the door, Judy invited Nick in. "Come on in."

Nick stared at Judy who left her door wide open. Peering in, he walked in slowly, shutting the door behind him. He observed how normal her apartment looked. "Looks really neat in here."

"Seriously? I mean, it's nothing really. I just brought some things from the farm and fixed them in here."

"Oh?"

"Yup! Nothing fancy."

"Hmm...I wish I lived this extravagant."

Judy laughed, plopping down on the couch. "You call this extravagant? Where have you been living?" She teased.

Nick blushed and chuckled, closing his eyes. "Believe me; you wouldn't wanna know where I've been. I've already told you enough about my history."

"Oh come on, tough guy. You can tell me anything."

"But not everything." Nick added.Judy arched an eyebrow and leaned back in her seat. "Oh really?"

"Well, there is one thing I'd like to tell you."Judy's mouth dropped. "G-Go on! I'm listening!"

"Naaah, I rather not say it. It's not the right time to." Nick teased.

"No, you gotta tell me now," Judy hopped from her seat, onto Nick's lap. "I'm curious!"

Nick guffawed, shooing her off. "Not now, cottontail. I'll tell you when it's more convenient."

"I'll tell you when it's more 'convenient.'" Judy mimicked, stomping away.

Nick enjoyed how her tail puffed up when she walked away upset. A fade smile just crept on his face and remained. While Judy was away, Nick pulled out a photo album that was in a shelf. He skimmed through it briefly until he found some pictures that enhanced his interest.

"So she was raised on a farm..." Nick lowered his attention to a picture that showed the younger Judy smiling happily. "She seemed like a happy little bunny. What made here wanna move up here to the city...?" After fifteen minutes of scrutinizing Judy's photos, he shuts the book and returns it to its place, getting up. He dusts his clothes off and followed the steps Judy had originally taken. Nick ended up at Judy's bedroom door. The door was left open. He walked in slowly, hoping that he wouldn't walk into an awkward setting. Thankfully enough, it was all innocent. Judy was curled into a ball, sleeping on her bed. Nick approached her with his jaw dropped. "She's so...cute." He chuckled. He pulled the sheets over her and sighed with relief. 

"I was wondering why you've been so quiet for so long." Nick sat down on the bed gently. "Leaving me by myself in your apartment aye? Now that's not a smart idea, now is it?" He laid down next to her for a couple of minutes. 

 He had noticed something subtle. The light was left on. "Is she seriously afraid of the dark?" Nick got up and turned out the switch, leaning on the wall and slid down to the ground.Waiting for some time, he sat there to check if she'd wake up at some point.

"Eh...she seems to be fine. I dunno what the heck she was babbling about earlier." As he stood up, taking his leave, he heard a fade noise. His ears perked up.

"N-No...don't...leave me, it's too dark..."

Nick turned around astonished. "J-Judy...? Are you awake?"

"M-Mom...Dad?! Please..." She murmured in her sleep as she turned over.Nick's eyes were lit with interest.

 "Is cottontail having a bad dream?" He gasped as he walked over to her. Judy kept tossing and turning. Nick stopped it with his paw and gently rubbed her cheek. "Calm down Judy...it's okay. I'm right here."

"I-I....but I love Nick!"Nick's hand halted. His mouth dropped as he backed away as if he had been offended. 

"L-Love? What is this kid saying?!"Judy's lips then perked into a smile. 

Nick blushed heavily. "Goodnight Thumper." He took his leave immediately. A grin embedded into his lips he couldn't help but keep it there.