Jasmine

As Maverick & I push our way through the crowd, I finally caught a glimpse of who was on the dance floor. Daniel & ,no other than the notorious, Sheila. I immediately urged back out of the crowd into the backyard & into this little, well not so little, pool house. I just couldn't believe it. Again? I should've known. This isn't the first or second or third time cheating. I sit on the little couch an just think. What if I gave it up to him? What if I actually had sex with him that night we made up?

"Ugh! Gosh Jasmine! Why are you so stupid!" I say with my head in my hands, with tears running down my arms.

"You aren't stupid." I jumped up with fear, only for it to be Maverick. "People just make wrong decisions sometimes." He said plopping next to me. I sigh.

"Yea. But if you make the same decision over & over & over again then you're stupid."

"No. You're not stupid. You're just stubborn and believe in what yall have."

"HAD." I corrected.

"Well had." It was a long pause.

"I just can't believe it. Maybe if me & him talk we can wo-"

"And this is where I stop you." He said interrupting me.

"What why?" I asked.

"I'm not saying this just because I like you...I'm saying this as a long time friend to another long time friend. Do not & I repeat DO NOT take him back. It's a cycle. Trust me. I know. I've been a player AND I've been played. I've done both roles." I looked at him & he was serious.

"Well what am I supposed to do now? That was my first long term relationship. Like, what do I do Maverick?" He came and sat next to me on the couch & held me. He just held me. I seem to fit perfectly in his arms.

I never felt this way with Daniel or anyway before. It was like...idk. Whatever it was it was great. I looked at him & stared into his eyes. We leaned closer & closer together about to kiss when the door flung open. It was Daniel & Sheila.....

I grab Mavericks face & got on his lap & kissed him like Daniel wasn't there. I turned around pretending to be shocked.

"Daniel!" I said. Sheila somehow disappeared.

"What are you doing?" He said pretending to sound hurt.

"I was just-just..."I said sincerely as possible. "I was just having a little fun since you were having so much fun on the dance floor! With Sheila. Yall look like yall was having sex with clothes on!" He looked shocked. "Yea Daniel I know." I turned back around and ignored him & kissed Maverick over & over again. He makes me feel....just so...loved. I heard Daniel call to Sheila to come out. They left & I balled my eyes out.

Maverick grabbed a nearby tissue & wiped away my tears.

"Honestly I'm proud of you." I looked up at him.

"Really?"

"Yea. It takes courage & strength to break up with your first love." Suddenly we heard Work~Rihanna play in te distance. "C'mon! No time to be sad...LETS GO DANCE!" He said nearly dragging him out of the pool house.

We got on the dance floor and showed out! We're having so much fun. Finally the song goes off & we sit on an empty couch. I didn't realize how many people left already.

"You had fun tonight?" Maverick asked me.

"Yea. LOTS!" I said grabbing his hand.

"So when are we going to hang out?" Before I could answer, my phone rang.

"Hello....yea...you okay?...What?...I'm on the way!" I hung up and gathered my things in a panic. "That's for tonight. I had fun. I'll text you." I kissed him one last time & left. I know we aren't on good terms, but she needs us.