Taliyah

I walked in my house and went to the bathroom. I stared at myself in the mirror. I started to question myself...Am I being to hard on him? Am I doing the right thing? Am I still in love with him? In comes a call from Aubrey. He says that they are on their way over to my place to pick me up. I got myself together and pushed Jason to the back of my head. I got inside the car with everyone and pretended that Jason was ever a thought. Going shopping with everyone was what I needed. Especially going shopping with Aubrey. I need to be with him right now. I don't even know if I want to go to the party anymore.

~~~

We had so much fun shopping and just having fun. I know how much this means to Ryan so it warms my heart to help someone like that. They dropped Aubrey and myself off to my house.

"I don't think I wanna go to the party tonight." I said putting my clothes on my bed. "I'm sorry, I basically wasted your money with this new outfit." He sat there for a second, and then began to speak.

"You didnt. Just put it on." I stared at him.

"I said I don't wanna go to the party."

"I know. Just put it on. I have other plans." I nodded my head and took the new clothes and put them on in the bathroom. He knocked on the door.

"Look really nice!" He said basically screaming through the door.

"You don't have to yell, ya know, I can hear you."

"Yea, yea, yea...just get ready." I continued to get ready, I have a feeling tonight is gonna be a great night.

I came out of my room and my dad and mom were sitting with Aubrey talking and laughing.

"Hey, looks like you've guys met." I said sitting down.

"Yea. And next time don't make plans without asking first." My dad said.

"Yeaa, about that..." I said hugging my mom and dad. "We'll be back before you know it."

"That means be back at 7." My mom said.

"But it's 6:30." I replied to my mom.

"I know. Before we even know it." She said laughing at her own joke. I didn't find anything amusing about that.

"DaaaAaaad!" I whined, knowing I'm a daddies girl and can get whatever I wanted. "What about 1?" I wanted them to say 11:30 or 12, so I jacked the time up really high.

"Uhh, no! You can come in at 12 no later than 12:05."

"12:05? Are you crazy. That's late. We didn't even talk about it." My mom argued.

"Yea, but, we'll talk about it later. Yall just go before your mom has a panic attack." After that we said our goodbyes and headed off to who knows where. I continued to listen to the music until Aubrey turned it down.

"So do you know where we are going?" He asked me.

I then decided to look out the window.  "It looks like we're going to the beach."

"Mhmm! Correct."

"At night time?"  He nodded his head yes. "Well what about it closing." He laughed.

"Everyone knows the beach never really closes. And plus, we still have like an hour until it's official 'closing'" I shrugged my shoulders and enjoyed the ride ahead.

We arrived a few minutes later and we went on the Boardwalk where people usually fish. Everything was set up: lights on both sides of the boardwalk, a table and a candle, and a butler by our covered food. It was so adorable! I was speechless. We sat down and said grace and ate our food.

"This is super nice, thank you."  I said blushing.

"Your welcome. It's the least I can do." I looked at him wide-eyed.

"The least? This is waaaay more than the least! It's amazing." He was blushing too. "Awe, you're blushing!"

"No I'm not!" I laughed at him.

"Ooookay Aubrey. Whatever you say..." It was quiet for awhile.

"So wassup with You and Jason?"

"Where did this question come from?" He wasn't staring at me anymore, his attention seemed to be in his food, but he was really paying attention to my answer.

"Just answer the question."

"Nothing...he was just an old thing." He started to play with his food.  I grabbed his hand and looked him in the eye. "It was old, and I no longer mess with him.  Promise." He finally lifted up his head from his food.

"Did you love him?" This time he was staring right in my eyes. It's as if time stopped. All the memories of the good times Jason and I had came back. I know I loved him and I can't lie to Audrey.

"Yes, I did once love him." I answered truthfully.  But he was about to ask next, I was not prepared for....

"Are you still in love with him?"