Jasmine

We were out of her sight so I took her headphones out.

"What's been going on lately? You have just been all over the place with emotions. It's not your week is it? And I mean your week. Code Red?" I laughed a little, as we joked about the lady things all the time. She laughed a little too and wiped a few tears.

"I promise it isn't my week. Its just...you know..." she looked at me and I immediately knew what was going on. Her bestfriend just recently died, Ms.Addie. She wasn't around our age, but she was everyone's wise grandma. Taliyah came to her with all her problems. Now that she was gone, she felt like she had no one to turn to. I've told her she could take to me, but I understood it wasn't the same. I never pressed the issue. I felt like she would slowly become distant, so I bring it up every so often.

"You know you can talk to me, right?," I looked at her in her eyes, "Right?" She nodded her head yea. "Now you're going to tell me what's wrong." She just looked down and said nothing. I was about to say something but Aubrey shook his head no. He took Daniel and I outside of my room to speak to us privately.

"Jasmine, what happened with Taliyah. You guys have that mental communication going on I was confused. I just want to know." He said.

"I was just as confused, bro." Daniel said.

"Well, uh, a person very close to her recently died. She didn't take it to well. That was her bestfriend, her guidance in this crazy world. She was the one who helped Taliyah keep her sanity. I told her she can talk to me, but it's not the same." I just shook my head.

"I think I can help her." And after he said that he just left. Like he disappeared in the room. I just let him and Daniel and I went into the living room. I just starred at him.

"Why did you do it?" I just bluntly asked him. I needed answers to let me know what my next move is going to be with him; either leave him or give another chance.

"First I'm going to start off by saying that I'm sorry. I was being a little boy. I thought that sex was everything, and because you weren't puttin' out, I was going elsewhere to get some. But after I got caught, I started to miss the little things that we did. Like leaving notes in random places saying 'I love you' and other cute things. Like the girls I was with just wanted sex and it got boring and it just wasn't any love. I felt lonely, I felt alone. Something was missing from my life and I finally realized what it was," he stared into my eyes, " It was you all along. You never know what you have until it's gone. That quote is so true! Like, I know this sounds corny, but all this, all this, are my feelings. My true feelings."

I was silent. I had nothing to say. He just looked down and got up like he was about to go. I got up and stood in front of him and jumped in his arms. I starEd into his eyes as he did with me and suddenly, I kissed him.

"Everyone deserves a second chance. So don't mess it up!" I slapped him in the back of the head. We both laughed.

"Okay! I promise!" I stuck my pinky out.

"Pinky promise?" I giggled like a small child.

"Pinky promise." we locked pinkies and he spun me around and we just laughed and messed around.