Chapter Twenty-Nine: Dinner and Lights

**Harry's POV**

Lucinda takes me to her car and we get in. I don't protest against it, hell, I'm not even sure I know what's going on fully. I just know I have to get away from everything happening in that hotel room.

Lucinda drives and soon we find ourselves at the tattoo parlor. She explains that she works here and just wants to pick a couple things up. I have no interest in staying in the car so I go in with her.

The walls have tattoo designs all over them and I think about a new one I should get. The feel of the needle against my skin. The pain would be more than welcomed.

But Ashlyn's words come back to me and how she wants to get better. That means no cuts, no tattoos, no hurting myself. I have to do it for her.

God, I miss her.

"Harry, let's go. I've got it," Lucinda says and I nod, following her out.

Back in the car I ask her what she needed and she tells me that she got her pay check and would like to take me out to eat. I try to protest but she's strict and says we can talk about my problems over dinner.

I don't argue. I don't feel like it.

The restaurant we go to is fancy, too fancy for me to be dressed for. Lucinda asks for a private booth and we're escorted to the back. I sit down awkwardly in front of her as a waiter gives us our menus.

"Harry, you can stop looking so awkward. I'm just another person trying to help you," Lucinda says sternly. I watch the way her red lips shape the words.

"I know, sorry." I look over the menu and notice the expensive prices. "You don't have to pay for this. I can pay," I say. I mean, I'm pretty sure I make more money than her.

"Don't be silly. This one is on me."

"I don't feel comfortable with you paying."

"Harry, stop it, okay? This is my gift to you," Lucinda says and glances at something behind me. "Besides, it's just nice being out with you," she purrs and puts a hand on my cheek.

What is she doing?

I move out of her hold and focus on the menu. After a while, the waiter comes by and takes our orders. He brings us drinks and I concentrate on sipping it instead of on the blonde woman in front of me.

I hate to admit it, but Lucinda is attractive. Blonde, tall, and completely dedicated to helping me. It's nice to have someone just fully support me.

As we eat, Lucinda asks question.

"Are you okay?"

"Yes."

"Have you been writing?"

"No."

"Did you listen to anything I said?"

I try not to laugh at that last question. She and I both know I didn't really listen to her advice. If I did, then I wouldn't have cut and I probably would still be with Ashlyn.

"Harry, why do we do this?" Lucinda asks me.

"Do what? Eat?" I reply cheekily.

"Why do you fight me? Can't you see I'm trying to help you? I just want you to get better," Lucinda says to me, reaching over and taking my hand. She glances behind me again and I wonder what's back there.

"I know you are, but it's just difficult for me. I keep thinking you're like everyone else who says they want to help." I tell her honestly. "And they always end up leaving."