Chapter Fourteen: Nighttime Argument

**Ashlyn's POV**

There are literally no words to describe how I'm feeling right now. It kind of resembles the feelings you get at a carnival. You have the whole anticipation that makes your stomach ache but with a kind of bubbly feeling of excitement. There's always the on-the-ride feeling you get when you feel weightless, your feet dangling above the ground from a high place and then the sudden drop comes and you feel everything inside your tummy rising, air rushing through your hair as you scream on the way down. Then there's the famous stomach ache problems from all the sweet popcorn you buy and eat before getting on rides that make you want to throw up.

I kind of feel like I have every one of those mixed together right now. My stomach is in a fit of knots, my mind rushing with adrenaline and excitement, but also a bit of confusion.

It's dark inside Harry and my hotel room. The lights are all off, the curtains drawn, and even if the curtains were open the room would still remain pitch dark. It has to be close to ten at night by now but I still can't sleep. Every time I shut my eyes my dreams change and sometimes what I see isn't exactly what I want.

I close my eyes and think back about my most recent dream.

There were arms around my waist and I felt weightless, kind of like I was flying on a carnival ride. Harry's hands were wrapped around me, holding me against him. I felt like a little girl winning a giant teddy bear. I wanted to be snuggled up with him forever.

"Ashlyn..," he whispered in my ear and I froze. Something was wrong. Something was different. His accent...

I couldn't make myself turn around as I made the realization. I stood there in his arms confused as to why everything felt....right.

Lips kissed softly under my ear causing me to giggle. His arms wrapped around my waist tighter as if never wanting to let go of me. I felt the tears coming to my eyes. I coulnd't be doing this. This wasn't right.

"Niall this is wrong," I whispered to him knowing he could hear me. I knew this was a dream but I couldn't make my dream self be as confident as I wanted. Even in my dreams I was a little timid.

Niall just chuckled in my ear. "Wrong? Wrong to love you unconditionally?" He asks amused, spinning me to face him now. I looked up into his blue eyes, his eyes searching mine frantically. "Wrong to accept you for the way you are?"

I turn on my side and force away the dream. Beside me Harry groans, his arms wrapping around my waist. The memory of having Niall's arms around my waist still haunts me and I feel a slight tinge of repulsion towards Harry's arms now.

NO.

I push away my thoughts. How could I think that about Harry?! Disgusted with his touch? What is wrong with me?!

"You're beautiful," Harry whispers and I immediately halt my loud thoughts. I hold my breath and listen closely. "Ashlyn," Harry groans again, pulling me towards him tighter. His head rests on my chest and he holds me like he can't bear to let go of me. It breaks my heart.

"Harry?" I whisper quietly, running a hand through his curls.

"Stop touching her," Harry mutters groggily. I realize he's still sleeping. Sometimes he talks in his sleep but I usually wake him up as it's usually a result of a nightmare. But right now I don't want to. My curiosity is taking over and I have to know what's going on in his subconscious mind.

"Touching who Harry?" I ask quietly. Maybe if I talk to him quietly it'll be like I'm in his dream.

"She's not yours to touch Niall," he growls under his breath, his grip on waist tightening.