Chapter Twenty-One: Confronted

**Ashlyn's POV**

I get to my previous room that I had shared with Harry and focus on my breathing. I know I have to get it over with, but it's proving extremely difficult to bring myself to even knock on the door.

Slowly, I bring my hand up and quietly tap my knuckles against the hotel door. I sit and stare at the door waiting for Harry to open it. Nothing. I must have not knocked loud enough. I knock again. This time I rap my knuckles against the door with more force.

"WHAT?! NIALL I ALREADY TOLD YOU-." The door swings open and reveals a disheveled Harry. He stops mid screech when he sees me. "Oh," he swallows, "hey," he says awkwardly.

I notice a couple things as soon as the door opens. One, his shirt is off, revealing: a) a new flame tattoo and b) he's covered in cuts and bruises. Two, he's still completely gorgeous even with all the injuries. And three, I miss him more than I allow myself to admit.

The third definitely scaring me more than the first. 

"Hey," I make myself say because we're just silently assessing each other.

Harry lets out a breath and runs a hand down his face. "Fuck. I didn't want you to see me like this," he mutters.

"Like what, Harry?" Cut? Bruised? Hurt? 

"Shirtless."

I scoff. That's what he's worried about? "What the hell happened to you?" I bring my hand up to brush his skin. I stop before I even touch him. I drop my hand back into my lap. "What happened?" I ask, much nicer this time. 

Harry stares down at my hands in my lap. They suddenly feel awkward and out of place. "Doesn't matter. Come in." He turns away and stalks back into the room.

I wheel myself in and am immediately disgusted by the lack of hygiene in the room. Clothes are everywhere. Food boxes and trays left abandoned throughout the entire room. I can bet there's a massive hair ball in the tub drain and the toothpaste has the cap off.

"You need to call a maid up here," I say and cover my nose. "And maybe even an exterminator." The room literally smells like rotting eggs.

"I'll do that later. I've got a couple things to do first," Harry mutters. 

"Like what?!"

I watch in horror as Harry picks up a black t-shirt off the floor, sniffs it, and then puts it on. He walks over to me and bends down. "Here, sniff." He holds the fabric out at me and I scrunch my nose up. 

I shove him away. "Hell no! Harry what is wrong with you? Why is this room such a mess? It's literally been like a day."

Harry, who has been trying to avoid looking directly at me, stops and suddenly glares at me with narrowed green eyes. He grabs a chair from the table and drags it to sit in front of me. "You think this is easy for me?" He whispers, his voice sending chills down my body. His green eyes scorch so vibrantly into mine. 

"I don't know," I whisper. I drop my gaze onto my hands because I can't stand staring into those eyes of his. 

"Well it's not. I can't stop thinking about you." I feel the urge to vomit. Harry softly puts his hand under my chin and lifts my head up to look into my eyes. "You know that right?" He whispers, his breath spreading across my face in a heat that I want to lose myself in. 

Staring into Harry's green eyes, I feel the urge to believe him. I want him to be honest as to how much he misses me. I want to be the reason he's such a mess.