"They can't evict you. You haven't even gotten a 30-day notice." Kim paused for a brief moment before continuing slowly, "Or have you..." the dark haired girl trailed off not really wanting to hear her friend's answer.

"Yeah, they did. About twenty-three days ago," Jade responded nervously anticipating Kim's explosive reaction. Just as the ebony haired girl expected, her best friend waited till the last minute to do something, like always.

"Jade!" Kim did not disappoint. Jade was lucky that her friend had completed the oil change, because if she hadn't she would have had be splashed with oil when her friend wildly swung her arms around; the empty bottle still firmly clutched in her left hand. Although, Jade would have preferred to have gotten hit with oil rather than be subjected to Kim's Demon Glare.

"Shut up, Kim!" She paused, something in the distance catching her attention. "Hey do you hear that," Jade asked her friend.

"Hear what," Kim asked confused. She had not heard anything other than the sounds of her working. "Hey! Stop trying to cha-"

"Shh, listen," Jade ordered as she put a finger to Kim's lips to silence the girl, and then a hand behind her ear to better hear the noise that had caught her attention.

Kim sighed. Taking her friend's word, she tried to hear what Jade had heard. She closed her eyes to block off any distractions, so as to better focus on the mysterious sound Jade spoke of.

Meow.

Meow.

Meow.

"A cat," Kim asked incredulously. "Jay we get lots of stray cats wandering around here." The shop only attracted stray cats because she would always feed them, but she wouldn't tell her father that.

"I know, but what if he's hurt with no one to take care of him. The poor little injured kitty could die," her friend retorted with a very convincing face of distress. Jade knew that pulling the injured animal card would work on her friend.

"I hate you. Using my weakness on me like that," she grumbled out, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Hey, It's not my fault that you're so caring and have to take care of every injured or sick, animal or person that comes your way," Jade reasoned to her sulking friend. She had a point.

"Shut up! Let's just go find the damn cat." Kim closed the hood of the car with a huff, and walked away in search of the elusive cat.

The two girls began searching throughout the garage. They spent about ten minutes searching and found not one but nine kittens. During that time an old lady arrived to pick up her car.

"What the hell! I only heard one cat meow, not nine," Jade exclaimed in shock. She stared at the nine kittens looking up at them. They were all sitting around where Jade was standing looking at the two girls curiously.

"My, my, my! Those are some nasty looking rats," the old woman muttered. Then she turned her attention to the girls and looked at them in disgust. She looked both girls up and down mumbling about how proper young women should behave and dress. She continued mumbling that there was no place in the auto repair industry for women and how they shouldn't be exposing so much skin, as she made her way into the car.

"Jade. Don't," Kim warned her friend before she could say anything. "As much as I would like to set that old hag on fire, I can't. She's a valued customer, and she always tips generously." She watched the old woman get in her car and drive away with a scowl on her face.

"Wow. That must really suck for you." At that point the nine kittens were looking between the two girls that were lounging on the cement floor, listening to their conversation with more interest than cats should be capable of.