Got to Get Back to You

Riley and I started walking home from breakfast. It was more horrible than eating at the orphanage, the whole thing was just awkward. Emma and my "dad" couldn't keep their hands off each other. As we walked down the street, I felt a hand on my shoulder, I quickly turned to see Hook. "We need to talk," he demanded.

"Sorry, I'm busy," I lied.

"Doing what?" Questioned Killian.

"Not this," I snapped.

"Melody, you need to talk to him," Riley butted in.

I sighed. "Fine," I said quietly. "I'll see back at the house, Riley." I followed Hook to the dock.

He turned to me, "Emma told me what you said about me not being your father."

"Well, it's true. If you truly cared about me you would've looked for me and my brother." I stammered.

"Melody, I do care about you! If I didn't I wouldn't have given you to the orphanage, so you could have your best chance! And besides, your brother is dead."

"No, he's still alive! He's on Pan's island right now probably worried sick about me and Riley!" I argued.

"What? You told me Pan killed him?" He nearly screamed.

"That was my other brother, Bradley! The reason I didn't tell you about the other one is because you kidnapped me, and I thought you were going to kill us!" I stammered.

Killian raised his voice even louder, "So you left your brother on an island with a demon?"

"He's not a demon, he tried saving us!" I yelled.

"Yeah, he tried saving you from me!"

"Why would he try to protect me from meeting my own father?"

"Because, Melody, he's a bloody demon!"

"No he's not!" I hollered back at him.

"Why are you taking his side?" Hook screeched.

"Because I love him!" The words slipped out of my mouth. I immediately regretted it. It went completely silent between the two of us. Hook just stood there. I looked into his eyes, and the only things I could see were confusion and disbelief.

"You're right. You're not my daughter." A tear slipped out of his eye, "No child of mine loves a demon like Pan."

I was about to walk away when Emma came running up to us, "Guys, Henry's gone!"

Killian goes up to her, "What do you mean gone?"

"Greg and Tamara kidnapped him, and took him to Neverland!" She said panicked.

I joined the conversation, "What is with you people kidnapping teenagers?"

Hook glared at me, "We have to go save him. Tell everyone to meet at the dock in ten minutes." Hook told Emma. She nodded and ran off. Hook turned and walked on the boat. I followed.

"What do you think you're doing?" Hook turned to me.

"I'm going with you guys to save Henry and my brother." I replied.

"No, it's too dangerous." He argued.

"Now is not the time to act fatherly." I glared at him.

He rolled his eyes, "Go get your friend. She'll be lonely without you."

"How do I know that you won't leave without me?" I challenged.

"Because sailors keep their promises." He proclaimed. I turned a ran back to the apartment.

A/N: sorry for the short chapter! The next one will be longer.