Twisted

We ran. Don't know for how long, or how far, we just ran. I didn't know who the hell this Hook guy was, but he sounded like bad news. "Melody, I can't run anymore." Riley said in between gasps of breaths.

"Hurry! Up the tree!" I pointed. We climbed to about half way. Riley and I on the same branch while Cole on a branch across from us. This is the first time I realized how much I need to take a bath.

"Wait, why are we running?" Cole questioned.

"I don't know. Pan and I were talking when one of the lost boys ran up and told him this some guy named Hook came." I stated.

Cole's eyes got big-almost huge, "Hook? As in Captin Hook?"

I shrugged, "I guess." I didn't know what the big deal was, but whatever. It's not like Cole hasn't kept something from me before.

Riley looked confused and joined in the conversation, "Who's Hook?"

Cole snapped, "No one." This was strange. Cole  never snapped at Riley. Riley looked just as stunned as I did.

I decided to butt in, "Well, if we are going to be on our own we better set up camp." They nodded slowly. I closed my eyes and imagined a small campsite, where we would sleep the night. Cole and Riley looked shocked and a little scared. I climbed down the tree. "Shall we get some food and wood?" They quickly climbed down. "I'll take Riley with me and Cole you can guard the camp." I demanded. Riley and I started off into the woods.

Once we were out of ear shot Riley stood a little straighter,"I wonder why Cole snapped at me like that?"

"Who knows, he's Cole. He's a guy," I said. "I wouldn't take it too seriously." Riley seemed to relax a little knowing that I was probably right.

"So, I saw you with Pan this morning," She smirked. I rolled my eyes. But I couldn't help smile a little. "You guys looked like you were having fun."

I laughed a little, remembering the moment. I didn't know exactly how to explain it to Riley, but I knew she wanted to hear everything. "How much did you see?" I questioned. Hoping she didn't see the last, where we almost kissed.

"All I saw was you guys wrestling each other for an apple." Riley stated.

I smiled, "Good."

"Did something happen?" She looked stunned, but in a jokingly way. I giggled a little.

"Maybe. Maybe not." I replied with a smirk.

"Melody, you need to tell me!" She said pulling on my sleeve. I just smiled.

"Fine, but you can NOT tell Cole."

"I won't." She said totally fascinated.

"Well, I got pinned up to a tree and......" I started.

"And?" Riley said begging me to go on.

"We almost kissed." I almost regret saying that.  I know exactly how Riley was going to react. I could already see smiling from ear to ear. She stopped in her tracks.

"YOU AND PAN ALMOST KISSED! MELODY AND PAN ALMOST KISSED!" She started jumping up and down. "I TOTALLY SHIP IT! I KNEW THIS DAY WOULD COME! I COUKD TELL THAT YOU TWO CONNECTED!"

"Riley, if you scream any louder, Cole will hear you. And he will beat me for getting that close to Pan." I smiled.

"Does this mean you're done with Felix?" Her smile was still bright.

I could feel my smile fade, "Yes. No. Maybe? I don't know. This has been kinda confusing for me."

"That's fine. Just take your time. Think about it." She said with a hopeful smile. Suddenly, we heard something coming from the bushes. Out of the bushes came a tall man wearing all black, and a hook for a hand. Then, everything went black.