Hooked

I woke up to a slight rocking motion. I was sitting upright in a chair and had a crick in my neck. I quickly scanned the room for Riley, she was nowhere to be found. I struggled to get up, but my hands were tied behind the back of the chair. I tugged on the ropes with all my might for several minutes. Nothing worked. I looked around the room for anything that might help me escape. The small, compacted room was dim to the point where it was almost hard to see. The cabin was full of small trinkets that were useless for escaping the stronghold of ropes. There was a small desk with a piece of paper and pen on it. Next to the desk, there was a wheel-that belonged to a ship. Wait? A ship? Am I on a ship? Abruptly, the door opened and in walked the man who I saw before I passed out. "Awake are we now?" He said in a deep, Irish accent. I just glared at him.

"Where's Riley?" I said more concerned about my friend, then my own life.

"The blonde? Don't worry, she's alive. Asleep, but alive," he said with a smirk.

"Don't hurt her!" I nearly screeched. "She's the closest thing I have to family, except for my brother." I was tense. I couldn't let anything happen to Riley. The guy just smiled.

"Your brother, is he on the island?" He said raising a eyebrow. I shook my head. Cole was still back at camp, hopefully. I wasn't going to tell him anything about him though. I didn't want them to find him.

"My brother died a few weeks ago," I lied.

"I'm sorry lad, what was your brother's name?" He looked sincere, almost heartbroken.

"Bradley," I look down, almost tearing up at the thought of Pan killing him. I look back up at the man, to see that he was in pain. By why was he upset? He never knew my brother. If he had met him, maybe in another world, he never knew him like I did. I looked in his eyes, something changed. His eyes were deep with emotion.

He mumbled under his breath. I didn't catch most of it, but it was something about my mother. "What?" I questioned. Instead of responding, he shook his head.

"I can't possibly imagine the pain you're in. I'm sorry," he said in a voice that was tiny.

I looked questionably at him. I shook my head and decided to change the topic, "Who are you? Why am I here?"

"The names Hook, lass. The reason why you're here is confidential," he said turning his back, and walking towards the door.

"Can you at lease untie me?" I said before he walked out completely.

"Trust me lass, if you're anything like me, you'll find a way to leave the ship in one piece." He said as he turned, walked out into the hall, and closed the door shut.