Girl Talk

The sun came in through the windows the next morning and shone brightly on my face. I turned away and opened my eyes and saw Riley with a huge grin on her face. "What are you smiling at now?" I said with my morning voice.

"How was last night with Henry?" She said as her grin got bigger.

I sat up, "How did you know about that?"

"He came in our room last night and set this on the nightstand." She handed me an envelope that had already been torn open.

"You read the letter?" I shook my head. My best friend was crazy.

She rolled her eyes, " Just open it already!"

I pulled the neatly folded piece of paper out and started to read it.

When I first laid my eyes on you, I knew almost immediately that you would be the one for me. Last night, when our lips touched, I felt fireworks. Would you do me the honor of going out with me?
Sincerely,
Henry

I sighed. Henry was a nice guy, but I couldn't date someone I didn't like. But I also didn't want to hurt him by saying no. "Well, are you going to go on the date with him?" Riley asked. I bit my lip and looked up at her. "You don't like him, do you." I shook my head. "Melody, you kissed the guy last night. And not just any kiss, your first kiss! What's with the change of heart all of the sudden?"

"Last night, when we kissed, I realized something." I started.

"Realized what?" Riley continued.

"I, um, I-I might like Pan," I bit my lip even harder. Riley's mouth dropped. It went dead silent. Awkwardly silent. "Riley? You okay? Did I brake you, or something?" Riley closed her mouth, stood up, walked over to my bed, sat down next to me, and slapped me. "Uh, OW!" I cried.

"ARE YOU CRAZY!?!" Riley shouted. "Pan, out of all people, you decide to like him? Are you stupid? He's going to rip your heart to shreds!"

"Riley, shh, not so loud. Henry will hear you!" I said in a loud whisper. Riley sat there. She looked a little annoyed. I poked her arm softly, "You okay?"

"Remember when we were 14, and you really liked that guy, Erik?" Riley asked. I nodded. "You liked him so much, and you thought you couldn't live without him. And we both thought he liked you." I smiled at the thought. "Then, one day, you found out that he liked Hannah. You were devastated. You felt worthless. You felt you weren't ever gonna be good enough for a guy. I'm worried that if you start to fall for Pan, you won't be able to pick yourself up again. Honestly, you'll be better off without him, Mel."

"I know that it's risky. I know that I might get hurt in the end, but I'll rather take my chances then date a guy I only see as a friend." I argued.

Riley laughed under her breathe, "You know, sometimes I wish you weren't so stubborn," She hugged me. "And no matter what I'll always here for you."

"I got your back too, fam. If Cole ever brakes your heart, I'll pound him in the ground." I said keeping the hug. Suddenly, we heard a knock on the door. Snow walked in.

"Hey, my family and I were going to go get breakfast at Granny's if you guys want to come?" I looked at Riley, she nodded. We both stood up, got dressed, and walked out the bedroom door. I turn the corner and see the blonde chick that kissed my "dad" standing in the kitchen. She looked up at us and back at Snow.

"Who are they?" The blonde chick said cautiously.

"Emma, I told you about them last night. They're the new roommates I was telling you about." Snow said with a grin. She was seriously too happy.

Emma got closer to me, "Wait, hold on. Killian was telling me about you yesterday, you're his daughter."

"I don't know if I would say daughter depending that he left me at a orphanage all my life." I stammered. Henry walked into the room. His eyes got big when he saw me and Emma squaring up to each other.

"Let's go to Granny's," he said quickly.

A/N: Sorry I haven't updating lately, there's been a lot going on. I hope you guys like the book so far! Make sure to comment, vote, and follow!