Reunited

*the picture of the girl is Riley 🤗

I walk into camp and immediately someone hugs me with a tight squeeze. I quickly realize it was Riley. I start to hug tightly back. We release from the hug and we start to rant on about how it's been too long and how much we've missed each other so much.
"OH MY GOSH I CAN'T BELIVE YOU'RE HERE!" Riley exclaims.
"I KNOW RIGHT! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT EITHER!" We finish our short conversation with a loud squee. We looked over at Bradley and Cole giving us the weirdest looks and we all started laughing.
"Come on Melody, you can set-up in my tent," Riley says smiling, and I follow her to her tent. "Hey Melody, I have to tell you something," Riley says shyly.
"Yeah, what is it?"
There was a hesitant pause before she keeps going. "I, um, I might have a thing for Cole." She finishes somewhat confidently.
"Hahahah, that's funny. No, really, what did you have to tell me?" I look up seeing her face totally serious, as if she really meant. "Wait, are you being for real?"
"Yeah, I am," she says looking away. What? She seriously like Cole? The same Cole who wouldn't stop being annoying and chasing us around when we wanted to be alone? The same Cole that has given me several bruises from jumping out of nowhere and tackling me just to get a laugh out of it? I pull myself into reality and asked,"How long have you liked Cole?"
It takes her a minute before she responds,"Remember that day a few weeks ago when we all stole some food from the kitchen and had a picnic in the forest behind the orphanage?" I nod. She continues, "We were laughing at something he did or said, and I looked up and his bright brown eyes were staring back at me. It wasn't until that moment that I had felt like we had connected." Suddenly, someone falls on our tent. We jump up from the floor and go outside to see who had fallen. We turn the corner not only seeing one, but two people laying on the ground. And one of them was Riley's crush and the other was my clumsy brother, Bradley.
"Really? You both were listening to our conversation?" The twins stand up.
"Pffft. No, we were just, um, trying to find our tent." Bradley's voice goes high, which usually means that he's lying. I roll my eyes.
"Yeah, sure you were." I say sarcastically. Then I noticed that Riley wasn't next to me anymore. I turn around seeing that she had taken off running into the forest. I didn't go after her because I knew she won't go that far without coming back.
"So is it true? What Riley said? Does she really like me?" Cole interrogates me.
"What in it for you?" I ask raising an eyebrow.
"Well, um, it's just......" He blushes. Oh my gosh! Does he like Riley? How could this be happening? How could they like each other without me noticing? How could I be so stupid for not seeing this sooner? Cole finishes by saying, "I might like her."

Sorry it took me so long to publish this! School just hates my life so much! 😂 I'm going to post a few chapters today! Don't forget to leave comments below! Here's a question for you guys: do you guys play any sports? If so, then what sport do you play? K, bai 🙌🏽👋🏼