Diamonds

"Melody! There you are! I've been looking for you!" I hear Riley say as I walk in to the camp after I get back for the beach.

"Yeah, I was just at the beach," I say explaining myself.

"So I was in our tent when this slid through our door," she says handing me a drawing of me standing by the fire pit. I take it out Riley's hand and examine it. I turn it around, finding that there was a short poem on the back.

"Riley, there's a poem on this. Can you read it for me?" Since I was a orphan, I never learned how to read.

She begins to read it aloud, "Your eyes shine like diamonds, and your heart is as pure as gold. I drew this picture for you, so you can see the beauty I see."

Riley hands me back my paper. "That's it? There's no name or anything?" Riley shakes her head. "What kind of person doesn't sign their name on something like this?"

"Melody, I don't think you're getting the point here." Riley says.

"What's the point?"

"Somebody likes you, and all you're worried about is some stupid name."

"Well that somebody has a name and I want to know who it is." I demand.

"They'll come to you. Don't go to them, that will only stress them out. They didn't put their name for a reason." Riley says. I guess I never thought about it like that. Maybe Riley is right. I nod my head slowly and go outside the tent. I see all the lost boys dancing and cheering around the fire pit. Over all the cheering, I hear a pipe playing. I look around the camp fire to find the piper playing the pipe. Sitting not to far away, was a hooded figure playing the beautiful pipe. I walk over to the hooded figure and sit down. He stops playing and looks up at me. Under the hood, I see dark green eyes, Pan's eyes. We hold our eye contact momentarily before he starts speaking.

"How was the beach?" Pan says looking away.

"It was fine." I say staring at the ground. It seems that whenever I look into Pan's dark eyes, they change. I don't exactly know how, but they don't seem as dark as they seemed to be when I first came to Neverland. Suddenly, another figure sits down next to me. I look up seeing Felix, I roll me eyes.

"Did you get my picture?" Felix says looking at the sea of lost boys dancing around the fire.

"That was you?" I say kinda loudly. He smiles.

"Your eyes truly shine like diamonds" Felix says with a giant smile on his face.

A/N: sorry I haven't been posting as much. I'll try to update every weekend if possible. I hope you guys are enjoying the book! 🦁🦁