Chapter 72: The Flood

I had to watch some of the Sub to write this chapter, and it was so weird! I'm too used to the English voice actors after nearly six hundred episodes. Well, things are really starting to happen, and I'm sad that that means that this book is starting to come to a close. However, when people keep dragging stuff out because they don't ever want it to end, then they usually ruin it. I have always had a set plot and direction that this story was going to go. I'm a planning person, and there's no way that I'm going to break away from my plan now. I'd like to thank all of amazing, wonderful, awesome people who have voted and commented on this story! Thanks!! I feel like I could never thank you guys enough. Welp, I'm going to end this A/N now. Enjoy!

----------------------------------------------------

     I felt as Killer Bee and Eight-tails went into a full tailed beast transformation and destroyed the forest surrounding the large battle. The amount of chakra that was concentrated at their fight was making my knees tremble. My survival instincts were yelling at me and calling me an idiot for running towards the terrifyingly intense battle when self-preservation wanted me to run as far away as possible. But, I couldn't listen to the years of evolution running through my veins, and headed towards the center of the danger.

     I was so focused on the overwhelming amount of chakra centered at the tailed beasts' battle, that I almost failed to sense the large number of White Zetsu traveling through the ground towards us. To get a better look at the situation, I activated my byakugan.

     "White Zetsu incoming. I'll deal with them since you two need to get to Naruto as quickly as possible. Keep running in this direction, you really can't miss the battle. The crater that they are fighting in rivals the one that Deidara made when he blew himself up."

     As Kakashi nodded, the army of plant-men started to draw dangerously close. "Ana-"

     "I'll be fine, Kakashi. Just go help Naruto and Bee and leave the Zetsu to me. They're here. I'll give you guys a clear path."

     As my words still hung in the air, the Zetsu shot out of the ground all around us, and it would have seemed like they had materialized out of nowhere if I hadn't seen and sensed them beforehand. They surged out of ground at our feet and even dropped out of the trees from above us.

     "Eight trigrams: Palm Rotation!" The large number of Zetsu that had been trying to drown us in a large dogpile hit the spinning orb of light blue chakra that domed out around Guy, Kakashi, my summons, and I.

     Without giving our new foes time to recover, I started my next attack.

     "Eight trigrams: Air Palm! Guy, Kakashi, go!" Channeling their chakra to their legs, Kakashi and Guy ran out of the hole I made in the group of white enemies.

     Even though I was facing an entire legion of White Zetsu on my own, I felt lucky. I'd rather fight these guys than face off against six undead-jinchuriki. By comparison, I'd gotten the easy enemy. Even though it used up my chakra faster, I'd have to keep my byakugan activated during this battle. Since I was alone, I needed to cover my own back, and that's just what I'd use my three hundred and sixty degree vision for.

     "Water style: Rock Swamp Jutsu!" The coyotes and I jumped away as the ground at my feet became a deep bog. Several of the White Zetsu were dragged into my freshly made quagmire, and the rest chased after me as I tried to find some higher ground. To hold my own against this many at once, I'd need a strategic location. I ran through the trees at my top speed as the world blurred around me, my summons right at my heels.

     "I'm sorry guys, but I'm sending you back. I can't afford to use chakra to keep you here while I'm relying on my byakugan." Conservation could mean the difference between life and death in this encounter.