Chapter 45: Hospital Rooms

So this is a much shorter chapter than the last one... I didn't time today to type that much. This is the last chapter of the Kazekage Rescue Mission arc. I hope that you enjoyed the first mission of Shippuden! Alrighty then, on to the chapter! Enjoy!

------------------------------

     "I was wondering when you'd finally summon me." The large coyote stepped out of the plume of smoke that had formed when I did the jutsu.

     "Mom," Nishi turned to face the larger canine, "Ana needs a lift."

     "I'm so sorry, I wouldn't ask if it wasn't urgent, but I just had one of those visions that I told you about and my comrades are in danger, and I can't run right now."

     Hokomaru looked at me sadly; I probably looked pretty pathetic. I was kneeling on the ground, barely staying up right with dirt on my face and twigs in my hair from when I writhed on the ground in pain during my vision.

     She walked over and kneeled next to me, and I pulled myself onto her back. I was a little too big, but she didn't seem to mind. "Who do you need to find?"

     "Kakashi and Naruto."

     Higashi stepped forward, "We know Kakashi's scent; we'll lead the way." I nodded, and the small pack around me set off so fast that I could barely hold onto the undulating form beneath me.

     When I arrived, Kakashi, Naruto, Sakura, and Lady Chiyo were all gathered together, Kakashi stood up and rushed over to me when I appeared. I slid off Hokomaru onto shaky legs, "Thanks guys! You have done more than enough; I promise that next time I summon you it will be for fresh meat and back scratches!" Hopping around in delight, the four younger coyotes poofed away, and I looked down at Hokomaru.

     "Feel free to summon me again anytime." I smiled at her happily, and with that she too left. My knees buckled a little, and Kakashi caught me.

     "What happened? I saw the jutsu formula disappear. I was so worried!"

     I whispered to him to avoid worrying the others, "Naruto's fox chakra came through the seal and caused a vision. I got to see your fight."

     "How on earth are you standing right now?"

     "Stop worrying about me and tell me what's going on, where's Deidara?"

     Kakashi was about to open up his mouth in reply when there were sounds of clanging metal. With a gasp, we turned to the sound.

     "It's Guy's team." Kakashi's grip on me tightened slightly with excitement. We were all here. Deidara dropped down behind the body of the clay bird that he had been flying around on; it was quite close to our current position. Team Guy landed near us and began to approach the enemy and Kakashi called out to them, "Be careful, he's a long range fighter who uses explosives."

     Deidara grinned and spat the kunai out of his mouth and started eating the clay bird. He jumped in front of the fallen white mass so that he was face to face with Team Guy while he was chewing. "I think it's about time I revealed my ultimate work of art!" He swallowed. His body began to bulge and inflate strangely, and Neji looked at him with his byakugan.

     His lavender eyes widened, "He's concentrating all of his chakra into a single point!" Neji froze, realization hitting him like a bus, "Oh no... Everyone get out of here immediately!!" Team Guy began to retreat, but there was no way that any of us were going to make it. Kakashi placed me on the ground behind him and put a hand over his left eye frowning.