Chapter 61: Two on One

I did martial arts for years so I was super excited to write this big ninja battle! I tried my best to make this so that someone who does not know a lot about martial arts can follow along easily because I know and understand that not everyone has the same obsessions that I do. I hope that I did an okay job with that... So without further ado, here is Ana vs. Pain. Enjoy!

------------------------------

     I twirled the dual chakra nunchaku [A/N: nunchucks] that I had in both hands, "I'll never tell you where Naruto is."

     I jumped into the attack, moving both of my nunchaku in rhythm. One would strike out at the target while the other was held defensively against my body. Then the one that was attacking would come back and wrap behind me while the other attacked. I was not as skilled as Guy with them, but they were moving in a devastatingly efficient rhythm. However, Pain was an extremely adept opponent, and as I charged with my whirling nunchaku, he calmly swayed and dodged from every attack. I struck nothing but air.

     Realizing that I was never going to hit him with this style of frontal assault, I jumped back to survey my options. That's when the Human Path lunged at me with outstretched hands. I spun my right nunchaku in front of me defensively and brought up the left one at the side of Pain's face. He ducked under the attack with ease and stood up behind me. I began to pivot on the balls of my feet to face him, but he reached out and grabbed the top of my head and forced me down to my knees.

     "I wouldn't do that if I were you," I panted out to him, the chakra in my hands dissipating slowly as Pain prepared to pull out my soul to read my memories.

     "Ah, so you have seen the abilities of this Path, Visionary of the Leaf. However, I will still read your thoughts, and you will die."

    "Be my guest, but just know that you won't leave sane. If you read all of my thoughts then the memories that have been threatening to tear apart my mind for years now will simply tear at your mind instead." I stood and turned to face him with his right hand still resting on the top of my head. I glared at him, my byakugan into his rinnegan, "So I'll say this again: go on, read my memories. But, you will come out the other side as nothing but a vegetable no longer even capable of feeding itself. Not a fit state for a god, wouldn't you say?"

     He glared at me, "I still have other ways of determining the location of the Nine-tails." He removed his hands, and I slashed up at him with a freshly formed katana made of my chakra. A black rod with a tapered point shot out of his sleeve and blocked my attack. "Besides, I have to remove you now since you maybe be a hindrance to my plans in the future with your ninjutsu, dojutsu, and especially your knowledge of the future."

     I jumped back and took a ready stance in front of him while holding my chakra sword in front of me with both hands.

     Pain charged, his chakra rod swiping at my gut, but I bent over, letting my stomach move back and out of the way of the strike. I brought my katana at his left shoulder, and he swatted away the strike with ease. Pain then swung down at my head, but my chakra sword was there to block him. He pushed down against me, and suddenly his chakra began to flow from the black rod, through my katana and into me; I could see its progress with my byakugan. His rinnegan eyes flashed in front of my sight in an eerie black and white as the malevolent chakra tried to slow down my movements and control me. I managed to pull away and morph my katana into a thin sheet of chakra in front of me as the Human Path stabbed at my stomach. His attack bounced harmlessly against the protective layer of chakra, and he narrowed his eyes in frustration that that attack had failed. I turned the shield of chakra into senbon and sent them at Pain and started blowing them up. There was only so much more that I could manipulate that batch of chakra before it would blow up on its own.