Chapter 49: Drunkkage

(Tsunade's facial expression kills me.) So this was both fun and painful to write; you'll see what I mean. Also, I really don't spend a lot of time with drunk people so I hope that this has some verisimilitude... Enjoy!

---------------Kakashi's POV---------------

      I was sitting in the shade under a tree on a wooden bench that Tenzo had made for me. Wait, I mean Yamato. For some reason, I was having a hard time adjusting to his change in codename. It might just be because I was thinking about Yukimi, the young girl who had a brother named Tenzo and had given that name to Yamato. It actually made me very sad that Tenzo was no longer using that name, but he was getting pretty mad at me for using the wrong name repeatedly. I swear, it was actually an accident. I looked over at Naruto; he had just sent one of his clones to talk to Asuma because they shared the same chakra nature and the multitude of shadow clones needed advice. I watched as the small army of my student focused their wind chakra on the leaves in their hands. Naruto actually managed to rip them. Even with the number of clones that he had, I was impressed with the speed at which he was mastering his chakra nature. Naruto may not be one for explanations or exams, but he is an incredible hands-on learner. With a sigh, I packed up my book and set home for the night. Yamato was going to be leading Naruto, Sakura, and Sai on a mission this afternoon to the Fire Temple and Ana was going to be busy mastering her new yin seal. I, on other hand, had to go and meet up with Jiraiya and help him gather intelligence on the Akatsuki. Lady Tsunade always seems to give me short end of the stick... My feet carried me to my apartment after I said goodbye to my team at the gate. I opened my door and plopped down on the chair in the corner of my small apartment. I smiled under my mask remembering how Ana had slept here for her first two weeks in the Leaf Village. Back then, I had thought that she was a kind of creepy stalker because of the large number of hours that she had spent watching this show about Naruto's life. She was so different now, though. And the way that I thought about her couldn't have changed more. Now Ana was an elite jounin, a true shinobi. I sat there thinking about her, not even reaching for one of the books that I usually occupy my time with.

      A knock sounded on the door. Shaking my head to recollect my thoughts, I opened up the door. Ana was standing there, a light blue diamond now on her forehead.

     "Hello, Kakashi!"

     "You got your yin seal."

     She blushed a little and looked down, "Yeah, it really wasn't that hard. I just did the jutsu to create the space where I can store the chakra that I hold in reserve and then using it was super easy with my chakra control. Lady Tsunade looked kind of angry that I mastered it so quickly..."

     I smiled at her from behind my mask, of course she had found it easy to master. "So, what do you need?"

     Seeming to remember that she had knocked on my door, she sighed, "Guy sent me to get you." I was immediately worried. "Apparently there's this thing called Jounin Night every month where the jounin, several of the chunin, and sometimes even Lady Tsunade go out for drinks..."

     I sighed, "Yeah, I know what it is. I've gone a couple of times." I never really liked it; drunk people annoy me, and when shinobi go and drink, they really drink.

     She looked down, "Well, I don't really like alcohol, but they're making me go anyways because I'm all better now or something like that. It made no sense." Then she muttered under her breath, "Even Lady Tsunade threatened me with more paperwork if I don't go tonight..." I smirked, the Hokage would do that. "So Guy suggested that I make you come along as well, but you don't have to unless you want to."

     Before I even knew what I was saying, I found myself agreeing to go, "Of course, what time?"

     She smiled up at me thankfully, "Well, it's almost nine right now so if you're ready, we can head out right away. I don't want to have a late night so I'd like to get going soon."