Chapter 44: Summons

OMG THIS CHAPTER IS SO LONG! I know that I said last chapter that was a long one, well this one is waaaay longer. It's almost five thousand words! I don't even know how I managed to write a chapter this long. I just got writing and before I knew it it was huge! So let me know if you think that this chapter is too long, I'm not entirely sure myself. But, man this one covers a lot of ground, both with the mission and a flashback. This one is back in Ana's POV and since I haven't said this in quite a while: I don't own Naruto or Kakashi or any of the dialogue strait from the anime, but I do own my OC and plot. Enjoy!

----------------------------------

     As we ran, I would look ahead every mile or so with my byakugan to avoid a situation like the one with Itachi. Nothing. I had seen no sign of the enemy for miles.

     "Kakashi, I don't see or sense a thing. Does that mean what I think it does?"

     Naruto looked confused, "What are you talking about, Ana?"

     Kakashi answered for me, "What Ana is saying is that we haven't had any more interference since we fought that fake Itachi. Meaning that they believe that they have stalled us enough already."

     Naruto looked worried, "Let's go faster then."

     "I can hold a faster pace, but it will depend on the others," As I said this, I looked at Kakashi. He was the squad leader so I'd defer to his judgement.

     "I agree with Naruto; we'll pick up the pace a little."

     Soon we approached the river, but right before we arrived, Team Guy landed right in front of the boulder. 'Good timing, now we can work as a single unit.' I was very excited to see them because during the last couple years, I have gone on a lot missions with that team, and I am pretty much an unofficial member.

     We jumped towards them, and Guy smirked, "Late as usual, Kakashi."

     Kakashi landed on the water's surface, "Well, you see, we ran into a little trouble along the way..."

     Lee shouted in his enthusiastic voice, "Naruto! Sakura! Ana!"

     "Wait a minute," Lady Chiyo gave a sly smile, "By a little trouble you don't mean me, do you, Kakashi?"

     In the meantime, I smiled and waved at Neji enthusiastically. "But Hinata just told me that you were on a mission so how are you here?"

     Neji sighed and rubbed his temples, "We weren't in the village a full twenty minutes before Lady Tsunade sent us out again."

     I rubbed the top of his head, "I'm sorry, she really is a slave driver, isn't she?" He blushed a little and pushed my hand off his head to smooth out his hair. I whispered in his ear, "Awe, is somebody embarrassed?" He just glared at me, and I laughed, "Sooo scary!" I then turned away from the angry Hyuga and looked at Naruto, his eyes were red like the fox spirit's and the whisker markings on his cheeks were much more pronounced than usual.

     Sakura began to walk towards the other team, "It looks like we were just a step behind you guys."

     Tenten raised an eyebrow quizzically, "Who's that old lady?"

     Sakura grinned, "Oh! This is Lady Chiyo, she's an adviser from the Sand Village."

     The old lady grinned and held up two fingers in a peace sign, "Very pleased to meet you!"

     Guy turned to his eternal rival, "Well, let's do this, Kakashi."

     "Right," Kakashi's one eye was scanning the entrance to the hideout.