Chapter 39: A Plan

So this is the chapter before the time skip! Shippuden here I come :) Enjoy!

-----------------------------------

     When I woke up, my head ached a little, but it was bearable. I would have to thank Tsunade for that later. She did as wonderful job, as expected. I was so comfortable; I knew that I was no longer on the hard floor where I had fallen asleep. Forcing myself to crack open an eye, I took in my surroundings. I was in Kakashi's apartment, well, more specifically, I was in his bed. Then I noticed the strong arms wrapped around me, and the gentle puffs of air hitting my neck. Kakashi had an arm wrapped around me, pulling me close to him. His mask had fallen down revealing his face in the soft morning light. My heart began to beat at a rate that was probably not good for me after the strain that I had gone through yesterday. I don't remember any of my seizures, but based on the way that people look at me afterwards, I know that they have to be pretty bad. I didn't wake Kakashi up. It was bad of me, I know, but I was a little too comfortable and knew that he would move away once he woke up. After about twenty minutes of light snoring, he stirred, cracking his right eye to see me looking at his exposed face. He turned bright red like a tomato (maybe Sasuke would want to eat him...), and pulled away from me while standing up.

     "I'm so sorry!" He pulled up his mask frantically. "I must have fallen asleep while sitting on the edge of the bed! I was going to get out the sleeping roll that I use for missions!" I just laughed.

     "You're fine, but who would have guessed that the great Copy Ninja is a cuddler in his sleep?!" I taunted, and his face turned so red that I could see it even with the mask.

     Changing the conversation, he sat down on the edge of the bed and felt my forehead with the back of his hand. "How are you feeling?"

     "Like I could kiss Tsunade. Her medical ninjutsu is the best; I don't think that I've had a headache this slight since back in my old world." The skin around his eyes crinkled as he smiled.

     "That's good to hear, I guess..."

     "What, jealous because I said that I'd kiss Tsunade and not you?"

     He blushed again, "Of course not! I was, uh, I was just making sure that you were feeling better. Do you want any breakfast?"

     "Yes please, I'm starving! By the way, why am I in your apartment and not mine?"

     "Sakura and I couldn't find your keys last night."

     "That's because I didn't have them on me. I used the window to go and train yesterday morning and forgot to grab my keys."

     "You jumped out of your window to go and train?"

     "Yeah. I didn't feel like walking down the stairs and through the building. It's much more efficient to just jump." He looked at me like I was insane.

     "Sometimes I wonder about you..." He started making breakfast, and the smell almost killed me. I made to get out of the bed, but he put a hand on my shoulder, stopping me. "Don't push yourself. The seizure last night was much worse than the one on the escort mission. It took Sakura, Izumo, and Kotetsu to hold you down this time." He handed me my breakfast. "You can just eat here."

     "Breakfast in bed and it isn't even my birthday! That doesn't happen everyday." I smirked at him playfully.

     "Just shut up and eat. You need to recover your strength."

     "Aye, aye cap'in!" He gave me a strange look as I started eating. I keep forgetting about not referencing pop-culture from my old world. Pirates were not a thing here, apparently. Kakashi started eating, not even bothering to hide his face. I had seen it twice now so there really was no point in hiding it anymore. After my last bite, Kakashi came to take my plate, but I caught his wrist.