Author's Note #2: OC Names

This is just a quick little A/N that goes over the names of the OC's that I have introduced so far. I have actually put a fair amount of thought into their names and I felt like sharing it with the readers. Enjoy!

Anastasia Marie Koren: The main character of my little story (obviously, you must know this unless you just decided to read a random A/N off a random story for shits and giggles, if that is the case then I welcome to read the rest of the book too). Anastasia is Greek for "resurrection" which references her new start to life in the world of Naruto. Marie means "bitter" in French referencing how Ana is still bitter about the murder of her parents by Orochimaru. Koren is a slightly bastardized spelling of a Slovak word meaning "heart" when speaking in the context of plants. It can be used to talk about roots and the life of plants and stuff like that. Ana, her nickname, means "hole" in Japanese so when you put together the name that she usually goes by: Ana Koren, it pretty much is the title of the book, A Hole in One's Heart. Kind of sappy, I know, but I like it. Also, I used the word for heart that references plants for her last name because the Leaf Village becomes a large part of her life.

Michael and Jennifer Koren: These are the names of Ana's parents. They can mean "a gift from God" and "fair one" respectively in Hebrew and Cornish. Their names reference Ana's feelings towards her parents before their deaths. They were her whole world and extremely important to her and I picked names that reflected this. Also, those are the first names of my godparents, and they really seemed to work nicely for the characters and sounded good together.

Alan: This is Ana's best friend from Earth. I really didn't put a ton of thought into his name, sorry, but it can mean "noble" and "handsome" in Celtic and it goes along with his personality as a total flirt. Also, the name Alan sounded like it fit his character.

Shiokarai Asari: Is the jerk that Ana and Kakashi have to escort for her personal chunin exam. There is a bit of a long story behind this one. Shiokarai's aunt is Madame Shijimi, the wife of the Fire Daimyo, and her name means "fresh water clam" so I decided to stick with the clam theme. Shiokarai Asari means "salty clam" in Japanese. I could have gone with "salt water clam" (ensui asari), but he is a kind of salty character (hehe, pun) and I think that I am clever so hence his name. Also, Ensui Nara is a character from Shippuden and I didn't want Shiokarai to share his name with an actual character from the show.

Munona: Is the head of Shiokarai's guards and the servant of Orochimaru. His name means "incompetent" in Japanese. I know that it is not very creative, but it is accurate. I also couldn't be bothered to give him a last name... He's a minor character, ok!

Hansuke Chisai: He is the member of Asari's guard that Ana befriends. Hansuke means "helpful friend" alluding to how he helps and Ana and really the only nice person that she meets on the mission. Chisai means "small" because, well, he is small and I thought that it was a cute last name.