New Love Again? (the date part two)

CHAPTER 36

ZANE

OMI I am so nervous, things seem to be playing off really well, hopefully Aphs planning works in my favor. We just finished the ice cream and are heading out to the car, Emmie runs to the car and screams "I call shotgun" and then received a dirty glance from Sarie since she had to be in the back with Laurence, or maybe it was a panicked glance, I don't know, I am horrible at body language. Laurence and Sarie got in the back seat of my convertible and Emmie slid in the front, she is so beautiful, with her blue eyes that shine from her outfit, and her brown hair, with the tinge of red in it. Her lips were a gorgeous pink, and her cheeks were tinged with the same color, I could tell she was only wearing a little bit of makeup. I could tell I was staring so I started the car, "I got a text from Aph, she is turning the date in a group scavenger hunt, the first thing reads, if I was real, I would live in the sea, but if you look for me, you will find me not by the sea, but by the water as clear as me, but if you see me, be wary, cause a real me would sting" Emmie said

Sarie spoke up "OHHHHH I love these, ok so we know it lives in a lake, right? And it is clear, and it stings, but it isn't real, it lives in clear water. Hmmmm what lake by here is clear?"

I spoke up, "well there is Unicorn lake, it is close by and has very clear water"

Emmie smiled at me and said "That would be PERFECT" I start to head over to the lake and I hear them discuss what the thing is. Emmie said "What is a clear animal?"

"Algae" Laurence said stupidly and then realized what he said and blushed.

Sarie then sighed before falling into a fit of giggles, "Laurence Algae is translucent, not clear AND it doesn't sting. BUT, jellyfish are clear and sting"

"YAASSSS, good thinking girlie"

"Why thank you."

"hey guess what??? WE ARE HERE" I called, and was replied with a bunch of screams of joy, or at least I hope so. Emmie and Sarie run off to the bathroom to change into their swimsuits. Me and Laurence trailed behind, "How are you liking your date?"

"I love her, she is so cute, and unique, she just makes me feel happy and normal" he started to blush

"Same dude, Same, but I don't Know if they like us back"

"I hope they do....."

EMMIE

I am trying not to blush, but I can tell Sarie is noticing something is up, "Hmmm, something is off, do you like someone..... no wait, DO YOU LIKE ZANE???"

My cheeks turned an even brighter shade of red, "SHHH, they might be able to hear us, but yes, I do think I like him." She starts to silently freak out, "But do you really like Laurence for who he is right now, not just how he looks?"

"I like him, all the strings attached, why else do you think Aph would pair us together? For me to break his heart? NO WAY, his heart has been through enough"

LAURENCE

We walked to the bathroom the girls are in to wait for them, and just in the luck of time to hear this

"DO YOU LIKE ZANE???" said a girlish voice, probably Sarie

"SHHH, they might be able to hear us, but yes, I do think I like him." Came a melodic voice in reply, obviously Emmie. I turned to Zane a noticed him blushing, he must have fallen for Emmie as I have fallen for Sarie. I mouthed to him "its ok, I get it".

Emmie continued from her previous statement, probably to get her BFF's thoughts in words, "But do you really like Laurence for who he is right now, not just how he looks?". I take in a deep breath and wait, nervously, and I know by now that Zane understands how I feel about Sarie, she is kind, unique, beautiful, funny, and has a big heart.

I finally got the response I was looking for, "I like him, all the strings attached, why else do you think Aph would pair us together? For me to break his heart? NO WAY, his heart has been through enough"

I was dying of happiness, so Zane dragged me farther away from the bathroom so the girls wouldn't hear us, it was weird to have Zane being a normal comforting friend. "So I guess we both like our girls, and we are lucky they like us back, maybe we should plan on splitting up? Later at least so I can talk to her in private? I mean I don't want you invading our in the moment privacy, but I will tell you later" he said. This kinda shocked me, I guess I really don't know Zane that well, but we do see each other enough at events with Aph, so I feel like a know him. Oh well "Yeah I get you Zane,"

Just then the girls walked out, and noticed us talking, so they must've thought this was their time for a good look over of us, and I think Emmie died of hotness when she saw Zane's six pack, and I think Sarie had the same reaction to me, but then again I have a hard time understanding ladies. They started to approach us so we turned, suddenly Sarie yelled, "last one dunked in the water is a rotten egg!"

She and Emmie rushed off with a head start, so really I think the competition was between me and Zane. But luckily I won, cause I didn't want to look bad in front of my crush, or at least hopefully only my crush for a short while, I just need to get my head and guts together. By now it was probably 5 and so the families have left for dinner or nap time. "Ewww, Poor Emmie she lost our bet, and now you have to kiss Zane" I heard Sarie call out, I noticed the two blush, and Emmie protested.

EMMIE

ITS NOT FAIR, SHE KNOWS I LIKE HIM, but wait, is he blushing too? Wait could he really like, me? No one likes me, I am a burden on everyone, but he LIKES ME???? I must be over exaggerating something, so before I burst into tears I ran off into the forest nearby, I could hear someone calling my name, and chasing after me, but I didn't stop until I got to my cove. I took a deep breath and dove into the bottom, it was calming and warm, I just sat there for awhile,, I was still underwater, but suddenly I felt arms wrap around my stomach, they were trying to pull me up, I first struggled trying to stay down in my happy place, but then I decided to just let the arms pull me up since they were stronger and struggling was making me lose my breath, I was dragged back to the surface and when the water was out of my eyes I looked to see who was dragging me to the surface, and when I saw Zane blushing madly, I started to blush. He looked into my eyes, and finally asked, "is this your happy place?"

I looked at my toes "Yeah, it is very calming, and has helped me through all my hard times"

I turned to looked into his eyes again and noticed how they were searching, and had a hint of yearn in them, "Did you really mean it when you said you liked me?"

I turned a deeper red, and started to mumble "Well I didn't mean for you to hear, but I wanted you to know, it just," he interrupted me by putting a finger to my lips,

"You don't have to answer, cause I can tell after I do this" and with that he kissed me, slow and sweet, gentle and passionate, I was melting in his arms, so he dragged me to a more shallow part, to make sure I didn't drown., and then continued the kiss, I was so happy, I felt loved, and yes I had the thought for a second I was unworthy, but the way he kissed me, like I was a golden statue, erased that thought completely, I didn't feel guilt for the first time in years, I was free, and he brought this freedom, I felt like I was flying in the clouds,

ZANE

I did it, I kissed her, and she is kissing me back, she loves me, I feel loved and accepted, for maybe the first time in years I felt unworthy but they way she kissed me, I knew I wasn't, I didn't want it to stop, I was flying in the clouds, but finally I broke it off, she was breathless, and after we caught our breaths back, she said "Zane, I love you, you make my guilt wash away, you make me feel worthy and loved, a feeling I haven't felt for years, I haven't felt these feelings in years, and maybe this is just hormones, but if it is, then I wish they would last forever"

"You make me feel the same way, I am sure we have each hard are similar trials, but you are my sunlight in the darkness", I walked to the sand, and laid a towel that I brought on the sand, I sat on it and after she sat down, I pulled her head to my chest, and we sat there for awhile

SORRY I HAVEN'T POSTED, I have been busy during my spring break, and I was in a stuck spot. hopefully this chapter makes up for it,

DOES AARMAU<3 SHIP LAURIE AND ZAMMIE?

luv yourself,

-Emmie