Chapter 41

~Georgia's POV~

"So tell me, what was up with this whole, you know, Macky thing? I was really confused when I went to the door, and your brother called me Macky. Last time I checked, I'm Marcel." Marcel questions, tapping the steering wheel.

I sigh and look down at my twitching thumbs, feeling a bit guilty. "You caught onto that huh?" I say.

He looks at me and nods, "Yes. I'm just curious, I won't be mad."

I chew on the inside of my lip, then suppress, "I told my mom I was going with Macky Brady." I blurt.

"I see." Marcel says, his voice completely calm,"Why?"

"Well, you know as well as I know, my mom didn't exactly approve of you. And I didn't want to risk telling her I was going with you, because I didn't want her to not let me go. Because I really wanted to go." I look up from my hands, and to Marcel's patient green eyes.

He keeps his eyes on the road, but his features are warm, and the tips of his lips are curved up. "So you weren't scared of me showing up to your house, planning to take you to Prom?"

I widen my eyes, and shake my head, "No, I was terrified! I was in complete mystery what my parents were going to say about you. And how Tyler would react when you showed up, and Macky didn't. But when you showed up, I was so relieved, because look how handsome you look, my mom totally adored you!" I nudge his arm, and smile.

A blush creeps on his cheeks, and his dimples appear when a small smile cracks on his lips. "How you flatter me." he chuckles, turning down a street. "I'm just glad your mom actually liked me today."

I laugh bitterly,"Yeah, my mother has never been that friendly."

 My eyes flicker from Marcel's eyes, to outside window, where my attention is caught. The capital building stands tall, white, and beautiful. Our Prom is at our Capital building this year. I press my fingers against the window, almost wanting to touch the perfection. "Wow." I sigh in admiration.

"Yeah I know, the school must have spent a fortune on this." Marcel says, turning down an isle of parking spots.

Once we are parked, we waltz in, walking on a red carpet.

"Wow, they've gone overboard, red carpet?" Marcel gawks, eyeing the ground.

"Fancy shmancy." I add, pulling up my dress, as door greeters open my door.

My eyes grow in size as we make our way in. The ballroom, that must have been simple at first, has been transformed. A disco ball hangs from the ceiling, along with a few chandeliers, tables and tables of delectable foods scatter the room, and a wide spread dance floor is sleek and shiny. Ball gowns and suits cover everyone's body, and shake, and twist, as people dance. A DJ stands in the corner, pulling out a few records, and remixing some songs. The tension in the room is just relieving. Finally, everyone is glad to be here together.

Marcel grabs my hand, and I look up at him smiling.

"Ready?" I ask.

He smiles back. "Let's do it."

Marcel and I both make our way onto the dance floor, and eyes immediately are glued on Marcel. Well the female eyes.

"Wow, who is that?"

"He's hot.."

"Look, look at that boy Georgia's with."

"Wow, I'd like me some of that."

Those are only some of the few things I hear whispered when Marcel and I venture into the dance floor. I pull him closer, to let people know he is mine.  I slightly smirk, as I see all the girls around me gawk at this mysterious boy, who is my date, and who is Marcel. He is unrecognizable to everyone. No one would have guessed that this is Marcel. And that's why I like it. Because it is Marcel, the same boy that I have grown to love, the boy who nobody cares about, but I do.  

A new song comes on, making the records squeak, and everyone goes back to dancing. But eyes still bore into Marcel. But it's like he doesn't notice. Because as Marcel and I dance, all he does is look at me, and talk to me. As if it is just him and I.

Marcel backs up a few inches, and raises an eyebrow at me. I stop and watch him, as he begins to snap his fingers. Then he starts to shimmy back and forth, spinning in a circle, his face luring. I pat my dress, howling in laughter.

"Marcel, you look ridiculous!" I chuckle, holding my stomach.

He insists, "Let me show you some more moves."

"Oh gosh," I giggle, coming to Marcel.

"Come over to my left side." he orders, grabbing my arm.

I obey, and stand to the left of him, looking down at his feet.

"Ok, so you are going to bring your right foot forward, and little bit further than you left." he says, doing the motion.

I drag my foot across the floor, a little bit above my left, then look back at Marcel, ready for my next instruction.

"Then, you are going to twist your foot back and forth on the floor, in a small motion." he says, doing the motion. "Little bug," he does the small motion. Then he twists his foot even bigger and says,"Big bug!"

I follow along, giggling as I do. "It's like squishing a little bug," I do the small motion, "Then squishing a big bug!" I do the larger motion.

Marcel looks at me and laughs, crincles appearing by his eyes.

I stop, and glare at him. "What?" I raise my shoulders.

He shakes his head, brushing off his laugh. "Nothing, nothing. You're just cute. Now lets do it together. Ready, 1, 2, 3!"

Marcel pulls out his foot, and goes crazy, and I follow along, giggling, "Little bug, big bug," as we go.

Marcel starts showing me more moves, and other people begin to join in, following along with Marcel's weirdo dance moves. We all look completely ridiculous, but smiles and laughs are exchanged, and I know, nobody really cares.

I start going out of control, and flinging my feet, and arms everyone. Being in high heels doesn't help the situation, so I begin to slip backwards. Marcel see's me falling, and he tries to get me in time, but he doesn't. Someone else does. It's Reela.

"Wow there, light on your feet aren't you Georgia?" she says, helping me back up.

I run my finger down my dress, my cheeks flooding red from embarrassment. I chuckle, "Oh yeah."

"You look really pretty Georgia." she says, her voice a little strained.

I pull back my head and finally look at Reela. She looks absolutely stunning. Her dark blue dress compliments her dark skin quite nicely, and her up do is perfect. But her features look almost guilty. Her face is paler than usual, and her eyes are foggy.

"You look gorgeous too," I say happily, "But what's wrong?"

Reela bites her lip, and looks down at the floor. "I-uh. Just have to tell you something." she whispers.

"Of course, anything." I say.

She looks up, almost in tears. "But please don't be mad at me. Please."

I shake my head, "No I'd never be mad at you."

She grasps my hands tightly, and she blurts out,"Camer-" Her weak voice is cut off by the microphone.

"We will be announcing Prom King, and Prom Queen now! Please, can the contestants come to the stage." our Principal announces into the microphone.

"Get up there Reela, you are a contestant!" I urge, pulling her forward.

She shakes her head, "No, I have to tell you something. "

"Forget about it, just go." I insist.

She lets out a shaky sigh, and nods, walking away, and up to the stage.

A/N: Thank you to the people who are sharing this story. I very much appreciate it. What do you think Reela was going to tell Georgia? More chapters will be up soon! Love you all!

~SunDanielle