Chapter 27

~Marcel's POV~

"Marcel, what's wrong? You haven't  talked for days."

"Nothing."

"No, there has to be something."

"It's Georgia."

"And what's wrong with Georgia?"

"Well it's her mom."

"Marcel, you need to be more specific, what is going on? You are never this sad, or quiet even around  me."

"I'm not allowed to see Georgia anymore."

"Why?"

"Because I'm not good enough."

"That's stupid you so-"

"Well that's her mom said, and that was my last chance. I don't know what else to do."

Gemma sighs, scoots closer to me, making the bed squeak.

"I'm sorry Marcel, if there is anything I can do-"

"It's done Gemma." I say, standing. "I'm going over to Leeroy's house."

I silently leave the room, and I go to the kitchen, taking the keys, and leaving the house, wanting to go far, far away.

I press the gas as hard as I can, the car screeching down the street in a wild escape. I truly don't even know where I'm going. Its like I've forgotten where Leeroy's house is, and that I'm just driving to the edge of the earth. I seriously don't care right now. I used to be sad about it all. Now I'm just mad.

What the heck did I ever do to Georgia's mother, to hate me so much?

The thought of Georgia's mother makes me press on the gas harder, until the pedal is to the floor. A stop sign stands about 10 feet away, and I slam on the breaks, my car moaning as I do. The car pushes forward, and I almost fall out of my seat. The car jerks back when it finally stops, and my head hits the seat in a swift bang. I just sit there, my neck screaming, my heart hurting.

Light snow flakes begin to fall, and they become thicker and thicker as the minutes go by. The snow reminds me of Georgia's and my first date. But now I have remembered a sensitive subject. I have kept in crying for the past 2 weeks, but now I just can't bottle it up anymore.

I rip my glasses from my face, and throw them up onto the dashboard. I lean my arms onto the steering wheel, and then I place my head on top of my arms. I look outside the car window for a moment, just watching the snow fall, and Christmas lights being turned on outside. And that is when I snap. Tears just begin flowing from my eyes, the tears that I have been holding in for what feels like the 3 years of high school. And I just can't take it anymore, I just begin bawling.

What is wrong with me?

My breath occasionally catches in my throat, and my nose is running. Crying sounds from the back of my throat start shooting up, and I dig my head deeper into my arms. Though it's so cold, the tears burn lines into my cheeks, and bring back the unpleasant feelings and memories of high school. The horrible memories of being teased, mocked, bullied, and spit on. Cameron punching me without a ping of regret, or a guilty conscious. People giving me weird looks as I walk through the hallway. Georgia. Georgia was just a beautiful mistake, that I should have seen coming. But I'm so prone to losing. So stupid.  I'm just so vulnerable to being hurt.  

I just want to leave. I just never want to come back. I never want to see anyone again.

I rub my wet face on my arms, then cushion my head back on my arms, just wanting to fall asleep. Sleeping makes all the hurt go away. But just for a moment.

***********

A loud booming echo breaks me away from my dark. My weak neck brings my head up, and I groggily look around. Head lights shine brightly in my eyes from behind, and I notice a large car roaring, their horn excessively honking.

Shoot, I forgot I'm parked in the middle of the road.

"Sorry!" I say embarrassed, as if they can hear me.

I quickly tug my stick shift into drive, and scurry down the road, my old car slipping a bit. My eyes begin to droop as I go down the icy road, and I know that I must go home. Crying takes a lot out of you, and I don't know how much more of it I can take. I swerve down a few corners, and I finally make it home.

Goosebumps cover my body as I step out of the car, into the driveway. I step into the snow, my toes curling as I touch the ground. My old tears seem to freeze to my face, and a cold rush runs through my body.

Gosh it's cold. And I'm so tired.

I slump into the house, rubbing my hands together. My mother hears the door slam, and she runs from the kitchen and into my arms.

"Marcel! Where have you been? You've been gone for hours, I was worried!" my mother cries.

I hold her small, warm body, and sigh. "I was just driving. Just to get things off my mind. I'm sorry."

My mother leans up from my chest and looks into my eyes. I instantly turn away, not wanting her to see that I've been crying...a lot. But she grabs my chin, and makes me look at her.

"Marcel, have you been crying?" she asks concerned.

Yes...

"No." I say, my voice cold.

My mother lets go of my sides, and puts her hands on her hips. "Marcel, don't you dare lie to me."

I sigh, "Alright, yes mother, I was crying."

My mother grabs my hands, rubbing her thumbs over my knuckles. "Darling, what's wrong?"

You wouldn't understand. Georgia is what's wrong, but I can't do anything about it.

I swallow and look towards the window, trying not to cry again. "It's nothing mother. I'm just really tired, can I please go to bed?"

My mother lets go of my hands, and purses her lips. She examines me for a moment, then she frowns. "Yes Marcel, go on up to your room. But you are going to tell me what's wrong after, alright?"

I begin up the stairs and answer when I'm on the 3rd step, "Yes mother."

My mother grips the banister, watching me as I go up. Her eyes are full of concern and sorrow, and I know that she hates seeing me this way. It's not like I like being this way. But I just can't help feel this way. Maybe one day I'll heal. But never fully. Georgia is my first love, and I don't know if I'll ever feel the same again.

A/N:

Thank you for being so patient for this chapter! Camp was really fun, and I got really sunburned, but I'm ok :) I'm just glad to be writing again! Sorry if I'm kinda rusty, I haven't written in almost 5 days. Haha anyway, vote up this chapter if you can, I'd be really appreciative, and I love all the comments! Just a question for you all, a girl made a new, better cover photo for this story, and I don't know if I should change it. What do you guys think? Please tell me your opinion, on both this chapter, and on changing the cover photo. Anywho, thanks again for being patient. Love you all!

~SunDanielle