Chapter 23

~Georgia's POV~

Marcel strains his neck, checking the rear view mirror, and he frowns, looking back at the road.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"I'm look like a cherry, the blood stained my face." he complains, going a little slower around the corner.

I laugh, trying to lighten his spirits and say, "I think you pull it off quite well."

He smiles, his dimples going deep, and he glances over at me. "We're almost there."

We start getting into the city, where all the lights are lit up, and Christmas lights drape from all the light posts. I press my head against the window, wanting to capture everything. Shops line the streets, and couples walk hand in hand up and down them.

 To my surprise, Marcel pulls into the side of the road, next to an old shop, that says, CLOSED, and he turns off the car. I look over at him, scrunching my eyebrows together and wonder, "What are we doing?"

Marcel wipes his mouth, then shrugs, teasing me.

Oh gosh, Marcel loves to keep me on the edge of my seat.

Marcel comes around the car, to my side, and helps me out of the car. He holds my hand, then sticks his other in his pocket, putting his keys away. We just walk down the street, the sky getting dark, and the lights getting brighter. I am in complete confusion on where we are going, or why we are walking down the snowy streets, but I can't complain, I like being with Marcel.

We venture down a few more streets, before Marcel finally speaks up, "We're here."

I look at the shops around us and ask, "We're going to look at shoes?" Considering we are standing right by a shoe store.

Marcel laughs at my stupidity, and says, "No, look." He points a few feet down the street, at a horse sleigh, with 2 jet black horses at it's reigns. I gasp my breath showing in the cold night and say, "That is for us?" Marcel nods, "All for us."

I practically skip to the sleigh, tugging Marcel along with me. I step up onto the sleigh, and pull my dress under me when I sit. Marcel comes and sits beside me, about 7 inches from me. He must be nervous.

The sleigh driver slightly taps the horses with the whip, and with that, the horses press forward, at a nice even slide. More snow begins to fall from the sky, but this time, in tiny flakes. It begins to flatten my hair, but I don't care. I start to get goose bumps as the snow lands on my arms, and legs. I cover my arms around my body and shiver.  Man its cold.

Marcel notices my clattering teeth, and he blurts, "Oh, I'm sorry Georgia, here have my coat." Marcel starts to strip off his jacket, but I touch his right hand and say, "No, Marcel, its yours." Marcel doesn't even acknowledge my comment, he just takes it off, then scoots in closer to me, wrapping it around my arms. Since he is so tall, it covers part of my legs as well. He is now 0 inches away from me, and his arm is wrapped around my shoulders, and his other hand entwined in mine. Those butterflies that I've become so familiar with because of Marcel, pound in my stomach, and force a smile on my face.

I lean my head onto Marcel shoulder, and lean closer into Marcel's warm chest. His heart beats against my ear, and his firm chest cushions my head. I sigh in deep relief. Being with someone has never felt so good. Marcel kisses the top of my head and questions, "Are you liking this?"

"Mmmhhhmm." I tell him, "It is so pretty. The lights, the snow, the sleigh, the season. Everything."

Marcel holds me tighter, and lightly traces the lines on my hand with his finger.