Chapter 40

~Marcel's POV~

My hands slip on the wheel, as I turn down my street, making the car swerve to the left. I reach over the wheel, and clutch it hard, pulling to the right, trying to avoid the tree I'm heading for. I barely skim past it, and make it safely back on the road. My palms are extremely sweaty.  I bring my left hand down to my leg, to dry off the sweat, but I remember I'm wearing a suit, so I simultaneously grip the wheel again. I'm so nervous I don't even know if I should be driving to Georgia's house. If I ever step foot into Georgia's house again, her mom might kill me. Literally. And right now, I'm driving to Georgia's house, and planning on taking her to Prom. Maybe this isn't the smartest idea.

I park Gemma's slug bug in front of the house, and sit in it for quite some time, reviewing what I am going to do, and what on earth I am going to say. Though every time I think up something, I go completely blank again. The more time I sit there, the more nervous I get. So I grit my teeth, and force myself out of the car. I'm very careful not to scuff my shoes as I take the many steps up to the door. My eyes wander up  the large door, and it makes me want to shrivel, the intimidation is making it's way to me. I loosen my collar, and bite the inside of my lip.

This is it.

I bring my skinny hand to the door, and knock on it with force. Seconds pass, and I hear absolutely nothing. It makes my stomach curl. But to my relief, I hear loud footsteps banging down the stairs. I can only guess who it is. Her father? Tyler? I'm hoping it's Tyler.

My wish is granted when the door swings open, and Tyler stands tall above me, in the doorway. I'm slightly alleviated by his warm smile, but his size still sends shivers down my spine. He could squash me like a bug, even when I am quite tall and lanky.

"Macky, how's it go-" Tyler begins, opening a hand towards me, but he stops, letting his arm drop, and his eyes narrow.

I open my mouth, trying to explain, but really, I have no answer. I am just as confused as he is. Why is he calling me Macky? Is he talking about Macky Brady? He knows who I am right? I close my mouth, and press my lips together, not even sure what to say.

The awkward silence is diminished when Tyler finally recognizes me, "Wait! You're Marcel, Marcel Styles. Right?"

I look up at him, and smile, nodding my head. "Yes, I am Marcel."

Tyler's grin widens, and he grabs my hand, pulling me inside, and giving me a "man hug." His grip is so tight, I fear my spine might snap in half. After he lets go, he whacks my back gingerly. I about topple forward with my tall, lanky figure.

"Nice to see you man!" Tyler says.

I cough, and pull on my tie, trying to revive from my squashing. "It's good to see you too."

Tyler twitches his lips for a moment then points out, "You look different man. You look good."

I fight off my blush, a compliment from Tyler is gold. "Thanks, I thought I'd try something new."

Tyler nods in approval,"I bet Georgia will like it." 

"What would I like?" a voice questions, echoing down the staircase.

Tyler and I both immediately look up the stairs, and see Georgia gracefully coming down them. My mouth drops. She looks so beautiful.

"Hello Marcel." Georgia purrs, smiling at me as she takes the last step, her dress billowing behind her.

I almost can't speak. "H-hello Georgia. You look very beautiful tonight."

She comes to my side, and smiles up at me, her face lit up. "You look quite handsome tonight. You look different. I really like it"

I look back down at her, grinning, then I entwine our fingers. It's almost mysterious how well they fit together. We are subtly interrupted by an uncomfortable clearing of a throat. I whip my head towards the sound, and I find a man who I don't recognize.

"Oh, father, are you here to take pictures?" Georgia asks quickly.

Her father taps the banister, and his eyes switch from Georgia to me. His eyes are a lot like his wife, cold,  so  I look away.

"Yes, your mother is coming as well." he replies, making his way down the stairs.

Oh no...not Georgia's mom.

"Oh, um, that's great." Georgia says, uncomfortably.

"Are they here?" a shrill voice squeals from up stairs.

"Yes darling." the man answers, taking a glance up the stairs, where his wife is coming down.

Oh goody.

Georgia's mother grasps the camera, and smiles, looking at both of us. "Good, I didn't miss them."

Georgia leans into me, by a fraction of an inch, and whispers so quietly, its almost inaudible. "Just follow my lead."  I don't even look at her after she informs me, I just eye the open space in the kitchen, trying not to make eye contact.

"Is this Macky?" Georgia's mother asks, gesturing towards me.

Here's the Macky thing again, what did Georgia tell her family? Just follow her lead.

Georgia's grip on my hand tightens, and she swallows hard. "Uh, no, this is Marcel."

Georgia's mother cocks her head, and is silent for what feels like forever. My heart beats a million times a minute.  

"I thought you were going with Macky." Georgia's mother finally speaks up.

Georgia shakes her head, "No, I'm going with Marcel."

Georgia's father looks at me suspiciously, and her mother eyes me with mixed emotions. Her mother straightens her dress, and takes in a sharp breath. "Well, you look...quite nice Marcel. You look more sophisticated." she says, almost in approval. Georgia's grip loosens, and she quietly sighs.

I am not exactly sure what to say, so I try to be as proper as possible. "Thank you ma'am."

Tyler breaks the awkward tension and reminds us that we need to put on our boutonniere, and corsage.

"Oh yes!" Georgia exclaims, running into the kitchen, and coming back with a plastic box. She pulls out the boutonniere, and unpins it, grinning. "Don't prick me." I whisper teasingly.  "No promises." she whispers back, smiling. After my boutonniere is placed on my suit, I pull out Georgia's corsage, from my pocket. She places her wrist up in the air, and I carefully place it on her delicate wrist.

Then it's time for pictures. Georgia and I go up against the wall, and Georgia's mother flutters with excitement as her daughter boldly gives me a surprise  kiss, for one of the pictures. I get a warm fuzzy feeling inside. Maybe Georgia's mother is finally excepting me. And us.

After the pictures are done, Georgia seems eager to leave, so she pulls me towards the door, saying quick goodbyes. Then we're gone. Georgia squeals with excitement, as she skips down the stairs to my car. I smile and shake my head at her. I open the car door for her, and she slips in, pulling her dress in as well. I come around to my side of the car, and I feel so confident with myself, I can't help but let my smile be a mile long. Georgia loves me, I love her. Georgia's parents are finally starting to except me, Tyler likes me. I'm going to college with a full ride scholarship, my life is planned out. I seemingly look more handsome. And everything is the way it's supposed to be.

I get in the car and Georgia says, "Well aren't you Mr. Smiley Face."

I start the car, and my smile doesn't leave my features. "Yeah, I'm just so happy." I admit.

Georgia grabs my tie, and pulls me towards hers, our lips smashing together. Our lips eventually separate, and as our faces out still inches apart,  Georgia beams,  "This is going to be the best night ever." 

A/N: Thank you again for the patience, homework gives me barely any time to breathe. So what was your favorite part of the chapter? What do you think will happen at Prom? Please keep voting, and sharing this story around, I really really want 200K reads! I love you guys more than you know!

~SunDanielle