Chapter 9

~Marcel's POV~

Muffled voices fill my head, and everything around me seems dark. I literally can't remember anything, or why I feel like I'm 6 feet underground. Maybe you are underground. Maybe Cameron buried you alive. I begin sweating and moaning. I can't be buried alive. No! To my relief, I feel a soft grip on my shoulders. "Marcel, wake up." a sweet voice pleads. I know this voice. But who? Oh, its so familiar. "C'mon Marcel." it speaks again. A bell rings in my head. It's Georgia's voice! I rip my eye's open, light flooding in. I squint, at the overflow of everything around me. Everything comes into place, but in jagged lines. I blink a few more times, and soon enough, everything evens out.

I study the scenery around me, but I don't really recognize it. "Where am I?" I grumble, holding my head, feeling my bruise.

Georgia leans forward setting an icepack on it, I wince. "We are in the nurses office Marcel." she informs me.

Oh Georgia, how glad I am to see you.

"Why am I here?" I question, completely confused.

Georgia bites her bottom lip, and examines me. "You fainted while presenting in Science, and you sure did take a hard hit."

I press the icepack harder against my head, and blink really hard. I don't really remember presenting, but I do remember being chosen. How embarrassing, I fainted in front of Georgia. "I'm so stupid." I say.

Georgia frowns, "No you're not. Macky Brady is."

I slightly laugh, but it hurts my head so I stop.

Georgia takes a step back, and sighs, "Well, I can drive you home if you want."

I shake my head, "No! I'm fine. I can go to 3rd period." I try to get up, and my head screams. Georgia notices. She nudges me back on the bed and shakes her head, "I don't think so." I refuse to let Georgia win this, I'm staying. "No Georgia, I'm staying. I promise, I'll be fine. And my marching band needs me."

Georgia looks at me frustrated, "Are you sure?"

"Yup." I say, popping the "P".

****

Georgia walks down the empty hallway with me, to my locker, to grab my clarinet. Georgia cocks her head as she see's me grab it. "You play the clarinet?" she asks. I blush a little and nod my head. Georgia snorts to herself, "Just like Squidward." I scrunch my nose at her and say, "It's not as bad as cheerleading." She rolls her eyes, and I shut my locker.

We make it to the back of the school, and I hurry to the door, opening the door for Georgia. She smiles and thanks me. I learned that one from my sister Gemma. I can't help but watch her as she walks onto the football field in her cheerleading outfit. Man, she's cute.

I step onto the bleachers, that face the football field, and join in with Becky, the other Clarinet player. I watch as Georgia leads the cheerleaders in the routine, occasionally doing a backflip, and a cartwheel. She catches me looking at her, and I immediately look down blushing like a maniac.

I smile to myself. You should feel good about yourself Marcel, you almost kissed Georgia Rose yesterday. And she almost let you. Imagine if Cameron found out. I laughed on the inside.

The large, muscular football players come to the other side of the field where the cheerleaders, and marching band is. Cameron spots Georgia, and jogs over to her. I'm a couple yards away from them, so I can't hear, but I know Cameron is trying to seduce Georgia. He then randomly grabs the back of her neck, and begins to passionately kiss her. My stomach begins to knot, and I grip the clarinet harder. An anger I've never felt begins to burn inside of me, and I make my clarinet conjure a shrieking noise.

Georgia presses her hand against his chest, trying to get away, but he's too strong. I want to get up, and give him a piece of my mind, but I stay seated, viciously playing my clarinet. After about a minute, he lets her go, and she stands there gasping for a moment. All the football players woot at Cameron, and he smirks victoriously as we walks back onto the football field. 

I glare at Cameron as he practices football, and silently, in my head, think of ways I could beat the crap out of him.

Cameron makes a practice touchdown, and all the cheerleaders begin to cheer him on, everyone but Georgia.

Out of nowhere, I stand up, and conjure the loudest,"BOOOOOOOOOOOOO," I have ever shouted. Once I understand what I've just done, I quickly sit down, my eyes huge. What are you doing Marcel? You are so stupid!

Cameron catches my boo, and he glares at me. Then he starts stalking towards me, his eyes burning with anger. My heart skips a beat, and I swallow hard.

~Georgia's POV~

Cameron comes towards the bleachers, and begins yelling at Marcel, "What did you say punk? What did you say to me?" Marcel just sits there, frozen. Cameron's arm flinches, and he pulls back his throwing arm, and chucks the football right at Marcel's head. Marcel groans, and holds his head.

This is the last straw. I run over to Cameron, and turn him around, my breath pace quickening. "Cameron, you have no right to hit Marcel like that, don't you ever do that again!" I shout.

Cameron glares at me, and brings his hand up, and slaps me as hard as he can.

~Marcel's POV~

My anger that I had before, triples. Cameron just slapped Georgia. And I don't care how small I am compared to Cameron, I won't let this fly. I stumble down the bleachers, and walk right up to Cameron, trying to hold my chest up high. Cameron laughs at me,"Oh what are you going to do to me, tickle me?" The whole football team laughs. My anger overtakes me, and I throw my arm back, punching Cameron square in nose.