Chapter 26

~Georgia's POV~

Only the sun can awake me, and pull out of the dark world of sleep, and into the bright ugly world of reality. My eyes flutter open, and I see that I am surrounded by countless used tissues, my sheets, and pillows thrown everywhere, and a One Direction poster Marcel gave me, a while back, sits on my lap. I remember crying to it last night.  I grab the poster and give it a long hard look.

Why can't I have the simple lives like these boys. I doubt their mothers care who they date. Ugh.

I toss the poster to the ground, and reach over into my drawer, pulling out my earphones and IPod. I can only think of listening to One Direction. I press shuffle, and Moments comes on.

Oh gosh, no more tears. I'm already stuffed up, and out of tears as it is.

I just lay in my heap of mess on my bed, and listen to One Direction, trying to contain my tears. I've never hated my mother so much. I've never really hated the world so much. I'm just glad it's Christmas Break, so I don't have to go to school looking like this, because I know that I am a red faced, crying, baby. I'm glad Marcel won't have to see me like this either. Well as a matter of fact, I won't be able to see him ever again. The sad thing is I've never cried so hard over a boy, and we never really were together, and we never broke up. I'm just an emotional wreck.

I hear a quiet knock at the door, and a sweet voice leaks through the crack, "Georgia, unlock the door. It's time for breakfast."

It's my mother's voice. This gets me so angry that I unplug my IPod, and chuck it at door, probably denting it. "Go away! I'm never leaving this room ever again, and I never want to see your face ever again!" I scream with the rest of the energy I have left. Crying takes a lot out of you.

My mother is silent for a moment, and I'm hoping that she will say she is sorry, but I'm not that dumb. She has no sweet bone in her body. "Georgia, you can't stay in there forever."

"Watch me." I snap sharply.

I know my mother is gone, because it is silent for too long.

I won't let my mother win this. I'm not going to satisfy her. She makes me so angry, I just want to rip her head off. Why does she have to be so unfair? What is wrong with Marcel? He is the nicest boy I've dated. 100 times better than Cameron, that's for sure. But that's not what my mother cares about. She cares about looks, and money. My mother wouldn't know real love it smacked her in the face. That explains my parents relationship.

I take in deep breath, and lean back into my pillow mess, pulling my sheets over my face. All I want to do is stay in the dark world of sleep and never wake up. So that's what I do. I close my eyes again, and quickly fall asleep.

~Marcel's POV~

Ok scratch that. Last time I thought going on a date with Georgia was the scariest thing ever, but truly, standing in front of her door, trying to force myself to knock on her door is the scariest thing I've ever done. I'm afraid her mother might answer, and throw something sharp at me. But no matter, I have to knock.

I bring my hand up to the door, rolling it into a knuckle, but my heart stops, and I bring it back to my side.

Come one Marcel. You are such a wimp. Why can't you just knock the door? It's not that hard. It's just one solid motion. Just do it. For Georgia.

I hesitantly bring my hand up to the door for the 5th time, but this time I actually knock on it. My stomach knots tighter and tighter the longer I wait for someone to wait. I feel like puking. My hands begin to shake.  I hear footsteps, and they seem light, so I'm hoping it's Georgia. But my stomach flips when Georgia's mother opens the door. I about puke right on her feet. But I take a deep swallow, and open my mouth, but nothing comes out.

Georgia's mother looks at me for a moment, confused, then she says, "Marcel. Well, this is a surprise. What are you doing here?"

Oh man. You really scare me. Don't puke Marcel. Don't do it. Not now. Just talk like a human being.

"Uh-uhh." I stutter, my stomach tightening.

Georgia's mother cocks her head and asks, "Sorry what was that?"

I clench my teeth, and speak through my teeth. "I'm here for Georgia." I finally say.

She opens the door wider and nods her head,"Oh are you?"

I nod.

"Well then," she says, "I'll go get her then."

~Georgia's POV~

A loud bang at my door, awakes me. I almost think it's Tyler, its so loud.

"Tyler?" I question.

"No, it's your mother."

I groan loudly, and flip the sheets back over my face. "Go away."

"Someone is at the door for you." she says bluntly.

I bring the sheets from my face, and a wave of confusion takes over.

"Who?"

"How about you come out and find out?"

"Alright." I mutter, ripping the sheets off of me, straightening my pajamas, and walking out my room.

Who on earth is here for me? It couldn't be Cameron could it? Marcel? No, please don't tell me it's Marcel.

I stumble down the stairs, gripping to the railing, still in wonder of who is at the door for me. I walk around the banister and come to the front door. And my worst fears are confirmed. Marcel stand before me, his face white as a sheet.

Oh no...

Marcel see's me and smiles, his dimples going deep. "Hey Georgia!" His smile instantly fades, "Wow Georgia, are you alright? You look like you've been cryi-"

My mother interrupts Marcel harshly, "That's not important Marcel. What is important is Georgia telling you something. Something important."

Marcel nods politely, and looks back over at me, his eyes soft. "What is it Georgia?"

No mom, don't make me tell him mom. How can you make me do this. I can't just do this to Marcel.

The tears threaten to fall over onto my cheeks, but I don't blink.

"Mom no-" I refuse.

"Do it Georgia. Now." my mother orders.

I look at Marcel who's eyes are full of wonder and concern.

I'm sorry Marcel.

I can't look at Marcel when I say this. "Marcel. My mother thinks you are not good enough for me, and that I can do better than someone like you.  My mother has made a rule that I can no longer see you anymore. And that means we can not go on anymore dates,  or hang out ever again-" my voice cracks and I stop, the tears flooding down my cheeks.

I look down at the floor in complete shame.

My mother breaks the long tension filled silence and says, "That is all that needs to be said. Thank you for coming by Marcel."

I get one look at Marcel before my mother slams the door. I don't think I've ever seen a face that pleads for a second chance more than his, right there, right then. But there will be no second chances.