Chapter 12

~Marcel's POV~

She thinks I'm cute, she thinks I'm cute, she thinks I'm cute!

I try to contain my excitement. GEORGIA ROSE JUST TOLD ME I WAS HOT!

I keep my ground, and try to act cool, "So, uh, you have a crush on me?" I ask boldly.

Georgia looks at me, blank faced. "Don't get that cocky Marcel." she says, tapping my head.

I blush again, and look down at my watch, Shoot it's 4:30! I quickly swing my backpack over my shoulders, and smile at Georgia, "Well, thanks for the fun day. Time sure does fly when you are having fun. But I have to go."

Georgia slightly frowns,"Alright, I'll walk you to the door."

I gather up my original clothes, and begin walking to the bathroom to change, but Georgia stops me, "No, you can keep that clothes. My brother has tons and tons of clothes, he won't notice." "Wow, really thanks Georgia!" I say gratefully.

We walk out to the front porch, and Georgia stops there. She slaps her legs and sighs, "Well, see you later Marcel. I'm sorry I can't give you a ride, my brother has the car." I shrug my shoulders, "It's all good, I like walking." She smiles and nods her head, "Well, bye!" Then she's gone in the house. I get a warm, sensation as I walk down the steps on onto the street. It's something I've never felt before. But I started feeling it when I began getting to know Georgia.

About 30 minutes later, I finally get home, I slam the door, and toss my backpack in the front basket. My mother comes down the stairs, her face worried, "Marcel, where have you been? School ende-" then she stops mid sentence, her mouth falling. "Is that you Marcel?" she asks, taking a better, closer look at me. "When did this happen?"

Shoot, if Mom finds out that I sluffed school so some girl could do a makeover on me, she'll kill me.

I rub my hands together nervously, "Well, uh, it was fashion day in, uh... one of my classes, so uh... girls helped me out." That was the worst lie I've ever heard Marcel, you are so stupid.

My mother looks at me for a moment, then raises her eyebrows, "Whatever you say Marcel." Then she walks into the kitchen

I sigh in relief, and run up stairs, bumping into my older sister Gemma. Gemma is the pretty one of the two kids, at least that's what people tell me.

Gemma takes a step back and her eyes go huge, "Marcel, is that you? You look... good." I smile, and look down,"Yeah." "Oh I have to hear about this," she says, dragging me into her room. She throws me on the bed, and she sits in her rolling chair. She scoots up closer to me, examining me closely.

I lean my neck back, looking at Gemma strangely, "What?" I ask. She smiles,"Oh nothing, you just look different. Better. What happened?" I sigh, You have to tell her Marcel, you tell her everything.

I scoot my legs up on the bed, and begin to tell her everything, from the first day of school, to getting assigned with Georgia as a partner. "When I was assigned with her, I was really nervous. I thought she'd be really stupid, and bratty, but she is actually really sweet, and smart."

Then I continue to how I got beat up because I talked to Georgia, and that's how I got my black eyes, that are slowly fading. I told her how I almost kissed her, and she leans in with more anticipation. "And well, her mom came in right before I got to. And really, I was too scared to. I've never kissed a girl Gemma, I'm a nerd." Gemma slaps my leg and says, "Marcel, you are great to me."

I roll my eyes and continue, telling her about how Cameron slapped Georgia, so I gained some sort of gut, and punched Cameron back. "Then we just ran away, and we went over to her house, and well, she asked me what I wanted to do, so I told her I wanted a makeover, and uh, that's what she did." Gemma leans up from her chair and smiles, "You do look good Marcel. You should dress like this more often." I shrug my shoulders, "I might."

Gemma then pops the main question, "So, do you like her?" I almost try to deny it, but I know I can't lie to Gemma. "Yes, I really do." I admit, blushing. Gemma smiles like no tomorrow. "Marcel, that's so exciting! So are you going to ask her on a date?" My hands go cold. 

A date? I thought talking to her was hard enough, now a date?

"No. Do I have to?" I ask.

Gemma nods her head vigorously, "Yes Marcel! That's what she is waiting for! If you want to kiss her, you have ask her on a date. You can't just hang out all the time!"

"But, she has a boyfriend." I say disappointed.

She scrunches her eyebrows together, "Who?"

"Cameron."

"Oh my gosh, the guy who slapped her? Why doesn't she break up with him?" she asks, completely flabbergasted.

"She can't, he'll just hurt her more. And if I get together with her, he'll beat the living tar out of me." I say.

She taps her foot for a second then says, "You know what Marcel, who cares? Its your senior year, and it doesn't last forever. Ask her to a dance, or on a date. Who cares about Cameron. If you can break Cameron's nose, I think you can ask her on a date, and not get beaten up by Cameron."

I lean my head, and sigh, "Are you sure?"

Gemma grabs my shoulders and shakes me, "Yes Marcel, just do it!"

I straighten my shoulders and nod my head,"Alright, I will!"

A/N:

Thanks so much for getting me to 20K+ reads, that means a lot! Thanks for reading!~SunDanielle