Chapter 17

~Georgia's POV~

I pull my hair back in a pony-tail, which is rare for me, and tie a red ribbon around it. I grab some cover-up, and try to disguise my bruise, that is just to the left of my right eyebrow, but its no use, the light shade of blue still shows through. It was from Cameron's slap today. His palm hit my eye extremely hard, so hard that it left a mark. After school I had a couple of cheer leaders come up to me, and ask me what happened, but I just shrugged it off, not wanting to make a big deal out of. I'm done with Cameron.  I just hope Marcel doesn't see my bruise.

  I slip on some black skinny jeans, then put on the hideous light blue contestants shirt. I frown when I look in the mirror. I hate this stupid shirt, how on earth does the school think this shirt is even attractive... on anyone?

I roll my eyes, and try to ignore the fact that the shirt is hideous, and slip on my cute red flats. Then to finish off the look, I put on a light shade of red lip-gloss, then stick it in my pocket for later. 

I stick a few items in my backpack, then swing it over my shoulder, checking the mirror one more time. Perfect, everything is good. I quietly exit my room, then tiptoe down the stairs. I open up the front door, and silently close it, not wanting to wake my parents. Then I sit and wait on the front porch.

I'm going to the science project contest. That's why I'm forced to wear this stupid contestant shirt. Our project made it through to district, so we have to go to the school tonight at 8 o'clock, and let the judges see them. But I'm not too surprised, Marcel is a genius, and I'm good at decorating, so with our two skills combined, we made a perfect project.

I've become so close to Marcel in the last 4 months, he is like my best friend. I'm quickly loosing my popularity, but I really don't care. I just don't care about that stuff anymore. To top that off, my name was even announced over the announcements this morning that Marcel and I are continuing to districts for our science project. I got so many weird, and awkward looks. But I didn't care. I just smiled, and kept looking forward.

My older brother has the car, so gratefully Marcel is coming to pick me up. It'll just be Marcel and I. No one there to cheer us on. Its because my parents go to bed at 8 o'clock on the dot. My mother says, her and my father need an exact amount of sleep or they won't be able to make it through the day. I don't fight with it, I just let them do what they want.

I look down at my phone at see it is 7:50. I tap my foot impatiently,Come on Marcel, where are you, we get docked points if we are late.

I see headlights come down my street, so I stand, seeing if I recognize the person that is driving. Yup, that's Marcel. Marcel is wearing the usual, his nerdy glasses with duct tape on them, his hair slicked back. As I walk down the steps, I see that this time, he's actually wearing jeans. The jeans I gave him. His old pick up truck rolls right in front of my house, and he parks it, smiling at me through the window.

You have no idea how happy I am to see you Marcel.

I smile creeps on my face, and I jump into the car, slamming the door, totally forgetting that my parents are asleep.

"Did you get the stuff?" Marcel asks, still smiling at me, his dimples appearing.

I nod my head, "Yup, I got it all." I slap my back pack, gesturing.

Marcel slightly laughs at me, "Georgia, we are going to a science fair, you don't have to look great for this."

I shrug,"Well, you know, you might as well."

Marcel chuckles again, and is about to put the car into drive, but he fidgets and stops. He then leans in closer to me, and looks at me carefully. I lean back a little uncomfortably. "What?" I ask. Marcel narrows his eyes at me, "Where did you get that bruise Georgia?" he questions. I gulp hard, my palms beginning to sweat. Oh no, Marcel don't ask me this question.

I finally answer, "Cameron did this to me." I look down at the car floor.

Marcel grits his teeth angrily, and holds the wheel between his fingers tightly, his knuckles turning white. "What happened? Why did he hurt you?" Marcel asks, sounding demanding.

 "I broke up with him," I admit, "And he got really mad at me, and slapped me. Then pushed me to the ground." My voice has become shaky again, and my hands are quivering.

Marcel's voice becomes fiery,"That boy makes me so angry. How dare he hurt you. I should've been there. I should've protected you. If I see Cameron, I'm going to beat the crap out of him. I'll make sure he never hurts you, ever again."

I shake my head, "No Marcel, it's fine. I'm fine."

His knuckles are past white, "He hurt you Georgia."

I take Marcel's hands from the steering wheel, and set them on his lap. "And I'm fine." I say, "We're done. I'm not his girlfriend anymore. You have to go through a few cuts a bruises to get what you want," I lay my eyes right on Marcel," but what I want is worth it."

Marcel takes his eyes off the steering wheel, and looks me straight in the eye. "Thank you Georgia. Really, thank you. But I'm keeping that promise, of never letting him hurt you ever again." We both look at each other for a moment, in silence, then Marcel slaps his knees, smiles, and says, "What are we still doing here? We have a science fair to win, and a trophy to take home. Let's get out of here Georgia."

A/N:

Almost at 40K reads? Wow, just wow! I'm overwhelmed by the support, and love. Thank you all millions. I'm glad you are all liking the story!

~SunDanielle