Chapter 18

~Marcel's POV~

I park my old pick up truck at the front of the parking lot, and take out my keys, sticking them in my pocket . I open up my door, and run as fast as I can to Georgia's door, opening it up for her.

She sits there for a moment looking at me, then she grins, "Wow thanks Marcel."

I help her out of the car, "No problem," I say nonchalantly. I come to the trunk of the car, and hull out the poster, and the rest of the project, carefully cradling it in my arms.

Georgia closes the car door, gripping her backpack and asks,"Ready?"

I nod my head smiling,"Oh yeah."

When we get to the school doors, I again, open the doors with the few fingers that are not taken. She nods in gratitude, and we make our way to the gym, where we see a few people we know from our school, and many kids that are from different schools. Teachers and judges scatter the room, and have cups full of punch in each hand.

I look over at Georgia, and she looks at me. We smile at each other and sigh. "We got this." I reassure her.

 I know Georgia really wants to win this because if we do, then she can put this on her college resume, she gets an automatic A in science, and she really, really wants an A. So I put all my brains, and effort in this. And I just hope its enough.

Georgia and I find an empty table, and we begin setting up. Well Georgia, begins setting up, she's good with the decorating things. She starts pulling stuff out her backpack, and sets up the poster board, and in about 10 minutes, everything is ready and perfect.

We both take a step back and I smile. "Wow, this looks great."  Georgia nods in agreement, "Yeah we make a pretty good team."

In perfect timing, a judge comes to our table. She taps her pen on her clipboard, but paints a fake smile, and asks, "Are you guys ready for me to judge your project?" We both say yes in unison. Her voice sounds plastic, "Good. So do you mind if I look at it for a minute." Georgia shakes her head,"Oh, no go ahead, Marcel and I, will just, uh, be right over here." Georgia grabs my arm, and tugs me back towards the corner.

She leans close to my ear, her voice seems nervous," Marcel, I'm so nervous, we have to win. And she doesn't seem like a happy lady. What if she grades harshly? What if I accident-" I interrupt her, "Georgia, we will be fine. I mean come on, look how good ours looks from the rest. We spent hours on this, and we are going to win. You worry too much Georgia." I try to make my voice calm, and comforting. Georgia nods her head a few times, and brings her hair away from her face, taking deep breathes. She eyes the judge, and watches her carefully. She really does want to win.

Without a word, the judge lifts her hand, and waves us over. We both obediently walk over to our project. The lady, clicks her pen excessively, and gives us another fake smile. "So, I've graded your project, now it's time to ask you questions about it." she tells us, looking back and forth at us two. Georgia swallows hard, and I can feel the tension beat off of her. She's extremely nervous now. I grab Georgia's hand from under the table and squeeze it, hoping to be some sort of comfort.

The judge flips through a few pages, then folds it over. "Alright," she says, "lets get started." She turns to me, and I feel my stomach knot.

"So, your name is Marcel styles, is that correct?" she asks, eyeing me.

I nod, "Yes ma'am."

"Good." she says, clicking her pen again. "Now tell me Marcel. How did you figure out the properties of the atom, when they are so small?"

~Georgia's POV~

I look up at Marcel, hoping and praying he knows what to say. But of course he does. He begins to blabber on about things that make no sense to me, and that I'd never understand. He starts talking about numbers, and other things, and the judge just silently nods, taking notes on her clipboard. After about 2 minutes, Marcel finishes up, "And that is how we did it, ma'am."

The judge nods, "Good, very good."

She finishes her last few notes, then turns to me. Oh shoot, have mercy on me.

"Your name is Georgia Rose, is that correct?" she questions.

"Yes." I answer, barely able to speak.

Marcel jabs me in the ribs, and I blurt out,"Yes ma'am. Excuse me."

The lady smacks her lips a few times then continues. "So, tell me Georgia, how did you figure out all these numbers. How did you calculate them all."

Shoot. Shoot. Shoot. Marcel did all the work. I decorated. How am I supposed to know this? We're done for. I failed the both of us. I don't know the answer. I just want to die right here.

I just stand their, dumbstruck, squeezing Marcel's hand a little too hard. I look over at Marcel from the side of my eye, hoping he'll help me. I catch a bit of his mouth moving, and I just go for whatever he's mouthing.

"W-we used a calculator!" I exclaim.

The judge takes a step back, a little surprised by my excitement, then she nods, writing a few more notes.

She clicks her pen a few more times then stares me down. "One more question for you Georgia." she states, quite blandly.

Well that's crap. You should be asking Marcel 2 questions, not me. I know nothing!

I clear my throat and nod, trying to seem confident.

"How did you find the equation for these numbers?" she asks me, her voice sharp.

I know this. I know this. I saw Marcel write it down multiple times. Think.

"Uh, I.. well." I mumble, searching my brain for that stupid equation.

The judge looks at me questionably.

Shoot, she doesn't believe you one bit Georgia.

"Wait! I know." I say, running over to our project, and grabbing our binder. I flip through a few pages of our binder, and find the equation. I begin rambling on, pointing out the numbers and qualities of the equation, and she just nods, taking more notes. Thankfully Marcel typed out about the equation in the binder, so I'm just reading off that.

I close the binder, and finish, "And that's how we figured out the equation, ma'am."

Marcel looks down at me and smiles, as if he is saying, "Yes, you did it. You said the right thing. Good job." It makes me sigh in relief.

The judge clicks her pen once more, then smacks it on her clip board. "Good, very good. I'll go turn in your score sheets. We'll be announcing the winners in 10 minutes. Good luck."

A/N:

Some people were commenting ship names for Georgia and Marcel. I think it was Gercel, or something! haha, I love your guy's comments, they are so much fun to read! Thanks for the support and reads. And trust me, I read every comment you guys comment, and I love them all, so thank you!

~SunDanielle