Chapter 1

First day of Senior year. This should be fun right? At least that's what I'm hoping. I have everything I've ever wanted. A hot, popular boyfriend. I'm on the cheerleading team. I'm a straight A student. Many colleges want me. And I'm popular. Isn't that everything a highschool student would ever want? But there is just something not right with my life. It feels so empty. And like all my friends don't even care. And that my boyfriend just likes me because I'm pretty, not just because of me. I don't feel pretty, I just feel used. And time is taking its toll to slowly drag out highschool. But I would never give up my popularity. Never. Its what keeps my guarded. And I don't plan on changing this school year either.

I swing my backpack over my shoulder, and straighten my dress. Have to look my best for the first day. I take a last glance in the mirror, and smile. Perfect. I step out the door, and make my way to the bus stop that is a good 10 minute walk. School hasn't even started and my backpack is already rubbing my shoulders, and my heels are already giving me blisters. I sigh, and ignore the pain. Being popular isn't all that fun you know. You have to look pretty all the time. And being pretty comes with a price.

  I turn around the corner of the stop sign, and a couple yards down the street is my bus stop, with everyone waiting. I stand up straighter and actually walk in my high heels right. The click of my high heels grabs everyone's attention and they all look and stare. Especially my boyfriend Cameron. He smirks, and runs over to me, picking me up off my high heels, and spins me around. I laugh and cling onto him tightly, but then remember people are staring.

"Cameron, put me down." I say catching my breath.

He sets me down,"Alright baby." I slightly gag in my mouth. I can't stand petty names. And I'm not even sure if I like Cameron. But I won't admit that to anyone, not even myself.

Everyone crowds around both Cameron and I, and we all begin to talk about summer. But then there is the other groups who form their own circles. And to my relief the bus rolls up the street, and squeaks, coming to a stop. I don't know how long I can stand talking about tans.  Cameron grabs my waist, and pushes through everyone, letting us get into the bus first.

We all have our "assigned" places on the bus. You sit where you are assigned or you get pummeled. As we go to the back of the bus, I see a tall scrawny boy is sitting right where Cameron usually sits. The scrawny boy doesn't even look up from his book as we get onto the bus, just keeps his nose furrowed inside it. Cameron narrows his eyes at him.

"Hey punk, get out of my seat." he snarls. Cameron's hands are in fists. The boy looks up from his book and I see his has large, old fashioned glasses, with duct tape holding together the middle. He's wearing a sweater his mom probably knitted for him, with a black tie underneath. And also has some brown church shoes on. He's quite nerdy to be honest. I've seen him a couple times on the bus. But I've never talked to him. I don't even know his name.

He nervously pushes his glasses to the bridge of his nose, and clears his throat. "S-sorry." he stutters, grabbing his things, and going to the next row up. I'm about to speak up telling Cameron not to be so harsh, but I stay quiet, knowing it will only bring worse things to the boy.

Cameron sits down, and glares at the scrawny boy. But he's still stuck in his book. I sit next to Cameron, and set my back pack down. Everyone else has come onto the bus, and we are joined by the rest of "the popular group." When the bus starts moving, Cameron grabs my face, and presses it against his. He starts viciously kissing me, and I'm taken back by surprise. Out of the corner of my eye, I see the scrawny boy watching us. I instantly pull away, wiping my bleeding lip.

"Cameron, don't do that." I scorn, pushing him away. My cheeks flood red from embarrassment.

"Why baby, c'mon?" Cameron whines.

I look at Cameron angrily and snap, "Just don't." Cameron doesn't talk to me for the rest of the bus ride. Nobody does.

The bus comes to a stop in front of the high school, and we all file out. I step onto the school property and sigh, the school year has just begun, and I already hate it.

Authors Note: So I hope  you guys like the beginning chapter! It'll get better, I promise! Thanks for reading!~SunDanielle