Chapter 4

I flip open the door, exiting 5th period. All the teenagers scram out of the classroom, and crowd the small narrow hallways. Though I am a senior, I'm really not that tall. I begin rubbing, and pushing shoulders with others, and I find myself feeling claustrophobic. I need to go to the courtyard. I turn around, and go to the back entrance, and venture to the courtyard at the front of the school. As I turn around the corner, I slam right into someone full force, and we both fall backwards, their books and papers falling everywhere. I groan, and pull myself up to my elbows. I squint my eyes in the sunlight, trying to figure out who I slammed into. The figure comes into place and I recognize it all too well, its Marcel.

Marcel's eyes go huge, and he scurries for all his papers and books, shuffling them back into his arms. I sit there waiting for him to help me up, but he seems clueless, so I pick up a piece of paper, and stand myself.

"I'm really sorry, I didn't see you there." Marcel apologizes, taking a step back, closer to someone I don't know.

I shrug my shoulders, handing his paper over, "Its fine, it was probably my fault. Anyway, who's this?" I say gesturing towards the boy Marcel is standing by. His bright blonde hair is tucked under his light pink headband that crosses about his forehead. He's wearing an old grey sweatshirt, that has a blue stipe down the middle. And when I get to the bottom, its the worst part. He's wearing pink scrunchy socks, and white tennis-shoes. I scrunch my nose, Who dresses this boy? His grandma?

Marcel looks from the boy to me, and speaks up, "Oh, uh, this is my best friend named Leeroy." Leeroy barely looks at me, his cheeks turning pink. He must be nervous. He gives me a small hello, then looks back down at the ground. I smile the best I can and say, "Hey, my name is Georgia." Marcel waits for Leeroy to answer, but he stays quiet. Marcel jabs him in the ribs. He straightens his back, and gives me a slight smile. "Hello Georgia." he says. I nod at them both and smile, "Well, Marcel, it was nice seeing you again. And nice to meet you Leeroy." Marcel licks his lips, and fakes a smile. I quickly walk off, not wanting to be late for class.

I get into 6th period, the last period of the day, and sit down. The bell rings, and I look down at the ground for my backpack, but its not there! I frantically search for it, but then a bell rings in my head. I forgot it in my locker. Shoot.

I slip out of the classroom, and head for the 200 hundred hallway. But as I pass the 400 hundred hallway, I hear voices, and I'm not sure if its my imagination, but I think I hear screams. The 400 hundred hallway is for janitors and supplies, why would anyone be down there. There's no classrooms down there. Its usually deserted. I sneakily wait by the corner of the 400 hundred hallway, intently listening. I hear almost 4 voices. 3 really deep ones, and a higher pitched one. I slowly slip half my face over the corner, so my left eye can see. I immediately identify all 4 of them. Its Cameron (my boyfriend), Macky, and Robert. All football players on our school team. But the 4th person makes my heart stop. Its Marcel.

Macky and Robert have Marcel, pinned up against the brick wall, holding his arms, and head. And there is Cameron, standing in front of him, his hands in fists. Blood runs from Marcels mouth and nose, and his chest rises and falls quickly. I stay completely silent, not even breathing, trying to over here what they say, trying to figure out what's going on.

"Listen here punk, I saw you talking to my girlfriend, Georgia, in the courtyard." Cameron shouts, then I see him give Marcel a hard punch to the nose. "And I don't appreciate that."

I lean back against the wall, and hold my mouth. Oh my gosh.

Marcel yelps in pain, squeezing his eyes closed, gritting his teeth. Cameron narrows his eyes at him and snarls, "Don't be such a baby. If you have the guts to talk to my girlfriend, then you can take this." Another blow is taken to Marcel's face, but this time, straight to the eye socket. Marcel moans in agony.

I need to do something, but what? This is all my fault!

I gain a second of courage, and get half my body around the corner, but then Marcel's eyes land on me, and I panic, switching directions, and pressing my back against the brick wall. He saw me...

"And maybe this will teach you a little lesson." Cameron finishes, taking a few shots to Marcels stomach, and a few more to his face. Then they violently push him to the ground, and Mack makes a wad of saliva, and spits it on him. The 3 boys make there way down the hallway to me, cackling, and I scurry into a supplies closet. Then they are gone.

I hear Marcel moan for a few seconds on the ground, but then it sounds like he's pulling himself up off the floor, and limping down the hallway. He gets to the end of the hallway, looking both ways, maybe looking for me. I see his face, and its completely covered in blood. I almost faint. Marcel frowns then looks at the ground quietly mumbling, as if he thinks I can't hear it, "You are a big life saver Georgia, you are a big life saver."

Authors Note: So I hope you guys are enjoying this, it'll get better as the story goes on, I promise! Thanks again for reading, and post any questions or comments you have! Love you all! (eeeep almost at 4K reads!)~SunDanielle