I'm joking!

"So how did it go?" Fiona queries, winding down the window as I approach her car.

"Meh could have gone better," I shrug, making my way to the passenger seat.

I slam the door shut upon my arrival, and slouch into the car seat.

"So it didn't go well then?"

"Well at first no, I mean the officer was treating it as a joke! But I think I got through to him... I really hope so." I turn the radio on as Fiona starts up the engine, I keep clicking the buttons but it's not use since all the good radio stations are talking at the moment so I swing the volume knob downwards.

"Then why are you looking so gloomy girl?" Fiona questions, while reversing out of the car park.

"Because although the officer said the police are already working on Matt's case, I don't feel safe... I won't feel safe until he is locked up in a cell and behind bars, but for now it still feels like a silly fantasy of mine since he is roaming the streets as we speak."

"They caught him once, they will do it again."

"How can you be so sure?" I curiously ask, doubting her choice of words.

"Just have a little faith."

"But you hardly have faith in anything, you can be a real pessimist sometimes you know." I cross my arms annoyed.

"And you can be a real optimist you know so don't go changing now." Fiona laughs, taking one of her hands off the wheel to point at me. 

As she turns to face me, the car starts to slowly swerve, causing me to shriek and Fiona to quickly regain the control of the car. I jump up in fright as the car behind us abruptly honks, causing Fiona to irritably honk back.

"Touché" I sigh defeated, while Fiona drives past the green traffic light with a grin slowly emerging onto her face.

Touché was our thing, whenever we were in an argument and the other made a good point or was right we made a pact to say touché. This was our solution, instead of continuing the argument whether it was silly or heated.

It was a lifesaver, although it diminished our egos a little bit.

They caught him once, they will do it again

I sure hope so....

***

The speed decreases as the car approaches my house, and Fiona drives up the long but narrow driveway.

"Watch out for the pebbles on the nature strip!" I exclaim, causing Fiona to turn the wheel panicked and just avoid the pebbles.

"That was a close one." I let out a laugh, looking straight at Fiona.

"Don't look at me like that I'm a good driver!" Fiona huffs in annoyance.

"Yes just keep your hands on the whee-"

"I do-"

"Both hands Fifi." I snicker and she sends me a nasty death glare.

"Do you want to come in?"

"Of course!" Fiona beams, instantly jumping out of the car and locking the doors.

We make our way into the kitchen first, grabbing a bag of salt and vinegar chips before walking down the corridor and into my room.

"What do you want to watch?" I turn to face Fiona who is already seated on my bed.

"Titanic!" Fiona squeals, and I grab my laptop.