Positive or Negative?

"Fiona!" I scream out, shutting the door with my lunch in my hands. I catch her walking out of her Maths class, which I presume since she has her math book in her hands. I lock my locker,  and watch as she looks to her right, then her left and misses me standing at my locker waving eagerly at her with a goofy smile.

"Not a good time huh?" I walk over to a stressed looking Fiona, who jumps at the sound of my voice. She lets out a shaky laugh, and stuffs her big black calculator in her pencil case.

"I failed my maths test, I just know I did." Fiona says, with so much sadness in her tone of voice.

"I'm sure you did fine!" I say enthusiastically, which earns me a roll of the eyes from Fiona who angrily stuffs her books in her locker.

"Don't say that, you don't know that. I think I know myself better than you." Fiona says, damn her sass never fails to catch me off guard.

"Look I may not know for sure, but I know you are a smart beautiful girl and I know you better than you may think." I wiggle my eyebrows, trying to lighten up her mood but fail miserably.

I really don't want her being in a bad mood for lunch. Especially about a maths test, which I'm pretty sure she passed.

"Come on I bet you at least passed." I nudge her, but instead of nudging me back I get a glare in return.

"Well you're going to be wrong when I get the result and fail." Fiona sighs, grabbing her lunch and shutting her locker.

The difference between Fiona and me, is that I always lock my locker whereas she leaves hers unlocked. I know that it's unlikely someone's going to break into my locker and steal something, but I like knowing that it's completely safe. You never know nowadays, you can't trust anyone.

"Well if you do 'fail' then you get to say I told you so, but if you pass you will never hear the end of it from me." I say, getting frustrated at Fiona's modesty.

"What did you have just then?" Fiona half smiles, her worries about the test finally letting go.

"Psychology." I mutter, not wanting to remember the ridiculous test that was sprung upon us. Just thinking about it makes me want to puke.

"Oh with Beau, how's lover boy going?" Fiona laughs, now in a completely better mood.

"First of all he isn't lover boy." I shake my head, but a smile breaks out onto my face. "Second of all I don't even want to talk about it, ugh all I can say is surprise test." I groan, as I think back to the questions on the test.

Well I did answer every question, but some I guessed and others I just kept writing and blabbed on. I'd be happy with 50%.... if I even get that.

"Come on I bet you at least passed." Fiona mimics me, using a high pitch voice and being over enthusiastic.

"I do not sound like that!" I protest, scrunching my nose up.

"Yes you do!" Fiona laughs, walking ahead and pulling me along with her as her laughter only increases when she looks at me.

We  make our way through the crowds, and walk behind obnoxious annoying people who walk ever so slowly. Fiona lets a grunt, as some people  have no consideration towards the people walking behind them as they stop in the middle of the hallway to talk to their friends. We finally make our way to our table, which Emma is already seated at and eating her tuna with crackers.

"There's the slow pokes." Emma says after swallowing her mouthful, and shaking her head in amusement.

Fiona and I take a seat next to each other, which is opposite to Emma so we can all see each other, instead of us all sitting in a straight line. There is not much talking going on as we enjoy our food, and sit in a comfortable silence.