71

"Is that what you want?!"

With just one word, I would collapse right there.

My body was on the verge on shutting down. My breaths staggered.

She opened her mouth to speak, with a small tear.

"If we can't be with each other then what's the point?!"

I was about to completely break down, but I used all the strength I had in me to fight for us.

"Sarah, we can work this out!" I stepped closer to her.

"I'm not sure we can!" Sarah slid down the wall, "I don't know if I can handle all the sleepless nights wishing you were here! I know it's your job but I don't know if I can handle it!"

"It hurts me too!"

"But I don't have a shoulder to cry on Niall! You do! No one gets it! How it makes me feel!"

"I understand it hurts but..." I didn't know what to say next.

"I'm done Niall! I'm done with the crying, wondering, worrying... This! I'm just done!" She sobbed into her hands.

"Our story can't just end like this." I sat next to her.

"But it can't continue like this either." The tears poured from her blue eyes. Mascara streaming down her face.

"Are... Are we breaking up?" Tears formed in my eyes, streaming down when all Sarah could do was look at me.

Is this really how things would end between us? Is this real life? Am I really losing her?