Chapter 16

When I finally got home, the first thing I did was march over to Josh's house, not bothered to change out if my soccer cloths. Maybe the cleats would work to my advantage. When I reached his door I frantically smashed my hands to it numerous times.

"JOSH! OPEN THIS DOOR RIGHT NOW!"
The door was opened and I stormed in, not giving him a second to speak.

"WOULD YOU LIKE TO EXPLAIN TO ME WHY THE HELL YOU DIDN'T HELP ME AT SCHOOL?!"

"I... I was busy..." He sputtered

"TOO BUSY FOR ME?! I WAS ATTACKED! AND NIALL HAD TO SAVE ME AGAIN!" I yelled, emphasizing the last word.

"Well for once I'm happy he was there for you."

"THAT'S NOT THE POINT HERE! IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN YOU! YOU'RE MY BOYFRIEND!"
the look in his eyes, I could see it, it was as if he didn't care for me. He could care less that another guy was kissing me against my will.
"Do... Do you even care about us... About me?" My voice became softer with each word.

"Of course I do." He stepped closer to me but I took a step back.

"Then tell me why."

"For so many reasons. Sarah, you have to believe me."

"I don't know if I can. For the past week all we've been doing is fighting! Every fucking day!" I could feel the tears begin in my eyes.

"Sarah, we can work this out." He brought his hands to mine. I whisked them away.

"Can we? Can we Josh?!" I was so sick of all the arguing. "I don't know if I want to be with you! You act like you don't even care!"

"No, babe, don't say that." He continued to move closer to me. With every step he took I copied the action getting closer and closer to the door when my hand finally found the knob. I turned it and stepped out. Looking back once more. I had one last thing to say.

"Maybe Niall was right about you."