41

"WAKE UP! WAKE UP! WAKE UP!"

I jumped at the loud sound of the familiar Irish voice.
Looking to my clock, it was 8:30 in the morning. I am not a morning person.

"Niall, why the hell are you here?" I groaned into my pillow.

"I just couldn't wait to see my girlfriend."

The last word brought butterflies to my stomach. I loved the sound of his voice calling me his girlfriend.

"Go away!" I grumbled

"Aren't you happy to see me?" Niall joked, nudging my shoulder.

"No. You woke me up there for I hate you."

"Oh really?" Niall turned me to my back. "So you hate you're boyfriend?"

***NIALLS POV***

"So you hate you're boyfriend?"

The last word rolled off my tongue. I can't believe I was finally her boyfriend. She was finally mine. My world was complete.

"Yes." Sarah stuck her tongue out to me.

"You love me." I stuck my tongue back out to her. I know I loved her.

"I'm guessing you want me to get up now?"

"Yes! We have to get going on that barn!"

"Fine!" She groaned as she rolled off the bed.

Sarah walked over to her dresser and pulled out a pair of jean shorts and a t-shirt. My eyes grew wide when she began to strip right in front of me.

"Like what you see?" She joked. My eyes still practically popping out of my head.

"What happened to never gunna happen?... Not that I'm complaining." I bit down on my lip.

"That was before you were my boyfriend."

Her words brought a smile to my mouth. And her actions still stunned me. She was gorgeous! Her curves were so define. Her skin was perfectly tanned. She was just perfect.

***SARAHS POV***

Niall and I decide to walk to the barn. It was just around the corner. When we got there we started taking out old junk that had been left to collect dust over the past ten years. My actions were brought to a stop when I came across a small vintage box. I had left it here when I was a kid. I remembered leaving it here when I was six, thinking I would never come back and no one would ever find it. I wiped away the dust on the box, to reveal the words I had written so long ago.

Box of tears

I remember being that little six year old wanting to hide the memories that traumatized me, never having the will power to destroy them so I hid them away in my box of tears.

With shaky hands, I removed the lid to the box. Inside were pictures of my dad and I. Tears sprang to my eyes at the pictures of us building the barn. We made this place from scratch. The last picture took my heart and broke my heart. I never thought I would see it again. A little six year old girl in a black dress. Her head in her arms resting on the coffin to her father. Tears rushing down her face. It killed me to know that the little girl was me.
Once the picture came to an end there was a copy of the note I had left at my fathers grave.

'Dear daddy,
You were my best friend. Every time I step into the barn I'll think of you. I'll always love you and I'll never forget the memories we made. I'll miss you until I see you again. I'll never forget what happened here... I'm so sorry.
Love,
Sarah'

The tears poured from my eyes. Niall's arms were rapped around my body. His presence brought me comfort, slowing down my tears.

"It happened here." I lowly spoke through the tears. I looked into his deep blue eyes. "This is where he died."

"I'm sorry." It was all Niall could say.

"It happened right in front of me. I never told anyone what happened."

"D-do you wanna talk about it?" Niall stuttered

"I was only six. I was in to all the building kind if stuff. I built the loft, it held me up perfectly fine, but when my dad stepped on..." The tears began to pour again, "h-he fell right threw. He fell onto the tractor. W-when I got down to him he had b-blood pouring out of his head. I-I tried to drag him t-to the house. By the time we got there... I couldn't hear him b-breathing anymore. He wouldn't w-wake up. He had b-bled out. It my fault he died."

By this point I was balling. Niall's arms had tightened around me.

"Shhhhhh."

"I had to watch my father die... Right in front of me... And I couldn't do anything about it."

"I'm so sorry Sarah. No one should ever have to go threw that."

"T-that's why I never came back. But now that this is all I have left of my d-dad..." I couldn't finish my sentence.

"I understand." Niall's voice soothed me.
I wiped away the tears.

"L-let's get started."