39

"Is there something you want to tell me?"

My heart rate returned to normal as I sat in the seat next to my mum.

"Niall's a great guy." I started, "he told me he likes me and asked me out... And I feel the same way but I haven't said yes."

"What's stopping you?" My mum's voice was calm and soft.

"Memories." A tear shed down my cheek. My mum's hand was placed on to mine. "It's just hard to trust when the ones I used to trust... The ones I thought would keep me safe hurt me the most." My voice was shaking.

Two arms were wrapped around me.

"Shhh. It's ok baby." My mum spoke while stroking my hair.

"I just don't want more pain and heart break... I don't wanna relive the broken past." I spoke with tears streaming down my cheeks.

"Broken past?" My mum never knew about what Jake or Josh. All I told her was that we broke up.

My breath was caught in my throat. It hurt to think about my broken past.

"J-jake ch-cheated on me and J-josh s-slapped me in, in the, the face." My words stuttered through the water falling from my eyes and sniffles.

"Oh honey I had no idea." Her grip tightened around me.

"Why does it always happen to me?" I looked into her eyes with my tear filled ones. "W-why do I always end up broken?"

"Listen to me." My mum held me by the shoulders. "You are strong. You've fought the hardest battles a women could endure and you're still standing strong. You can't erase the past but you can choose to have a bright future."

I shook my head holding back the tears.

"You're future is up to you." Continued my mum. "And it's up to you if Niall will be in it or not."

She was right. I had to choose to take the risk and fall, depending on him to catch me. Or I could not take the chance and never know what could have been.

"I'm afraid that if I say yes, we'll change." I wiped away the tears from my face.

"Life is all about taking chances. If you don't you'll never know what could have been." Her fingers were brushed through my brown lock, her actions calming me.
"I can't tell you what to do. You need to choose you're self."

I didn't know what to say. I remained silent.

"How long ago did he ask you out?"

"A little over a month ago."

"If he still likes you after this long he's special. He didn't leave. He didn't let go."

She was right. There was a spark in him that I'd never seen before. He never let go of me. He never gave up. He was special.

"How do I know?" I asked her. How do I know the answer to all my questions. Should I say yes? Should I say no? Am I really falling for him? And can I trust him to catch me?

"I can't speak for you." My mum told me. "Only you can answer that."

"But how?"

"The answer... Is in here." Her finger poked to my heart. The corner of my lip slightly curved up. "In my personal opinion... Go after him."

A embraced her in a tight hug. "Thank you mum."

I walked to my room and sat on the end of my bed. I looked down to the silver heart around my neck. There were words engraved in it that I hadn't seen before.

All my dreams have come true now that I have you.

The words in the silver locket spoke for both of us. Niall was all I wanted. Because of him, for the very first time, reality was better than my dreams.

It was at that moment when all the pieces fell into place. Through all the tears, the laughs, the pain, the smiles, through everything it was Niall. I didn't realize it before but... I wasn't falling for him... I already had.

__________________________
**************PLEASE READ!! VERY IMPORTANT!*******************

WILL ONE OF MY LOVELY READERS PLEASE MAKE A COVER FOR THE BOOK I WILL BE WORKING ON NEXT?!
ALL IT NEEDS IS A PIC OF HARRY (BUT HE HAS TO LOOK LIKE DARK HARRY ;) sorry cupcake harry)
AND ALL I NEED IT TO SAY IS UNAPPROVED.

COMMENT IF INTERESTED!!!