33

Sarah jumped back to her feet. She stood on her tiptoes and pecked my cheek before walking back to the pantry.

I leaned against the counter and watched Sarah from behind. She was wearing yoga pants. I could help but look.

"Niall." My vision was brought back to her eyes. "My eyes are up here."

"Sorry." I was furiously blushing after being caught ogling her.

She pulled out the pancake mix. She made the mix and poured it into the pan.

"Niall, turn on my iPod."

I obeyed her commands. I blasted her speakers as the music vibrated the entire house. Sarah jumped to the speaker quickly lowering it.

"My mum is sleeping!"

"Sorry."

Sarah turned around and continued to make her pancakes. She poured the mix into another pan for me to make. We danced around the kitchen as we sang along to the music and flipped pancakes.

"Baby you a song! You make me wanna roll my windows down and cruise!"

Sarah spun in circles as she sang. I watched as she moved her body to the beat.

When her pancake was ready, Sarah thought it was a good idea to flip it from the pan to her plate. Unfortunately the pancake missed the plate and hit my face.

After we finished our little pancake mishap we continued to dance around to the music.

"Singing radio head at the top of our lungs! With the boom box blaring as we're falling in love! Got a bottle of whatever, but it's getting us drunk. Singing here's to never growing up!"

We danced around in circles before I took her by the had, spinning her and dancing with her as we continued to sing.

"We'll be running down the street yelling kiss my ass! I'm like yeah whatever, we're still living like that

When the sun's going down, we'll be raising our cups Singing, here's to never growing up!"

Sarah spun out then back into my arms. My arms were wrapped around her torso as we swayed from side to side laughing. Our bodies spread apart when,

"Mum!" Sarah was caught off guard.

The air quickly filled with an awkward environment. I stood there speechless.

"I thought you were sleeping." Sarah was clearly embarrassed that her mom had seen us.

"The music woke me up... W-who's this." Her mothers eyes flicked to me.

"Oh this is Niall. He's my friend."

I reached my hand out to her giving her a firm hand shake.

"Nice to meet you. I actually live right next door." I informed Mrs. Caise.

"Umm Niall and I are going out in a little bit." Sarah told her mother.

"Where will you be going?"

SARAHS vision shot to me. I still hadn't told her.

"I'll be taking her to the water park."

I spoke to Mrs. Caise but looked at Sarah. Her face lit up with joy.

"The water park?! Yes!" She jumped away. I assume she went the get dressed.

I was left with just Sarah's mum in the kitchen.

"Well Niall," her mum spoke, "it was lovely to meet you." She walked away and I was left alone. I wondered my way back to Sarah's room. The door was closed but unlocked. I turned the knob and let myself in.