Chapter five

After lunch I headed for shop class. Shop had always been my favorite class. Even though I was the only girl, I was the top student. Along with this class being my strong point, it had my favorite teacher, Mr. Carther. He was fun and noticed my talent and pointed it out regularly. I was excited for today's class; Mr. Carther had announced we would be starting a project today.

The bell rang and everyone scurried to their seats.

"Hello class!" Mr. Carther shouted out to the class before being interrupted by a knock at the door. Every head in the room turned to the blonde standing in the door frame. Niall.

"Hi, I'm new here." He quietly spoke.

"Oh yes I was informed I would be getting a new student!" Mr. Carther said with a smile. "Niall? Correct?"

"Yeah." Niall said just as quiet as before as he slowly walked further into the room.

"Everyone this is Niall." Announced Mr. Carther. The class said hello in response. "Niall it seems the only open seat is next to Sarah. She's my top student I'm sure she'll help you if you need it."

Niall's eyes met mine while his lips formed into a small, but shy, smile. He carried himself over to the open seat next to mine. He sat down without a word as Mr. Carther began to speak again about who knows what. All I could focus on was the gorgeous male next to me. His appearance gave me no reason to think he was dangerous. How could someone look so perfect but compared to a beast. He had a glowing smile that showed nothing but kindness. And his eyes didn't give off the slightest bit of darkness there was nothing but light. His skin was perfectly smooth not a scratch in sight. I was brought back to reality when Mr. Carther brought up the project.

"Now, as I announced yesterday, we will be working on a project. You will be partnered up. With your partner you will build a clock. It must include both detail and good structure and yes an actual working clock." We were given our partners, mine was Kyle.

Kyle made his way to the now empty seat next to me as Niall had gone to meet his partner. Kyle was by far one of the most attractive guys in the grade. He was tall and muscular. He was use to having girls fall all over him. He could easily charm a girl with just his words.

"Hi Sarah." He said as he sat down. "I'd just like to say that I feel so lucky to be working with the best in the class and probably the grade!" He gave me a wink and lightly put his hand on mine. I whipped my hand away from his touch.

"Ok let's get something straight." I snapped with a stern voice as his smirk quickly faded. "Don't think you're going to get out of doing work. I'm not gunna work my ass off so you can sit back and get credit for doing nothing. Understand?"

He shook his head looking a little frightened from my demanding tone. I gave him a pencil and paper.

"I know you can draw. Make a sketch of a clock."

He took the pencil and began to draw. I was very demanding about my projects. As Kyle drew the clock my sight wondered over to Niall. A few minutes had gone by when Kyle had finished his sketch. He had noticed my loss if attention and realized what I was looking at.

"Who's that?" He questioned.

"N-no one." I stuttered with a hint of pink on my cheeks.

"That your boyfriend?"

"No."

"I wouldn't get involved with him. I've heard he's-"

"Dangerous?" I cut him off "I know. I don't think he is."

"Sarah..." Kyle had a concerned look.

"Kyle, stop." I truly didn't think niall was dangerous, he resembled nothing but beauty. He looked like an angel, the complete opposite of what he was being portrayed as. I wouldn't believe he was a monster but I also wouldn't believe he was an angel. I didn't know enough to say.