Chapter 1

A couple years later, Brianna's 16th birthday (June 28)

----Brianna's POV----
It's my sixteenth birthday today and I'm so excited! That means I can get my drivers license!

The best part about my birthday is that,it's during the summer.

I look at my clock and it says it's eight o'clock. Its early but I'm to excited to go back to sleep. So I get up,brush my teeth,and pick out a dress to wear (dress above). Since its my birthday I'm actually gonna wear a dress. Then I put on my black flats,since I can't walk in high heels. Then I curl my hair and apply foundation and mascara.

I also don't like to wear any other makeup besides foundation and mascara.

Usually people have sweet sixteenth,but I don't like having big parties like that. So instead I'm just gonna have a little party and a sleepover with my friends Jessica,Kayle,and Cassie.

They've been my only friends for the past two years.

When I moved I stopped talking to Jayla,Weston,and sadly Hunter. My other "friends", Hannah and Ashley,stopped talking to me.

I told them what happened in Phoenix and why we moved back here to Florida, and they said that they don't want to be my friend because of that.

Oh well who cares. I'll be Okay without them. I don't need them in my life.

"Are you awake?!" my mom screamed from downstairs,snapping me out of my thoughts. "Yeah I'll be down in a minute" I tell her from upstairs.

I didn't like the rooms downstairs,in our new house,so I picked a room that was upstairs.

I check to see how I look one last time in the mirror and then walk downstairs.

"What's for breakfast?" I ask my mom when I walk into the kitchen. "Your favorite" my mom says. "Blueberry pancakes and bacon!" I say excitedly. "Yup" she says.

I love blueberry pancakes and bacon!

"You look pretty today" my mom says. "Does that mean I look ugly every other day?" I ask my mom. "Yeah" my dad says,before taking a drink of his coffee. "Thanks" I say sarcastically to my father.

My mom laughs and hands me my plate of food and a glass a milk. I wish my birthday was everyday. But sadly it's not.
******
It's one o'clock,and my friends promised to be here. But they're not. I feel like they're not gonna show up.

Ding

I was wrong,they're here!

"I got it!" I shout running to the door.

I turn the knob and open the door. But instead of seeing my friends standing in the doorway,I see someone that I would've never expected to see in a million years.

It was Hunter.

----Hunter's POV----
She was beautiful. I've never seen Brianna in a dress before.

When she opened the door,she looked so shocked and surprised.

"Hey" I say,after a moment of silence. I walk closer to her and wrap my arms around her. I haven't had her wrapped in my arms in so long. I almost didn't want to let go.

"H-hi" she says,finally hugging me back. "I-I can't believe your here" she said stuttering. "Well I didn't want to miss your sixteenth birthday" I tell her.

"Hey Hunter" Brianna's mom and dad walks towards us. "Hi" I say, feeling uncomfortable around Bri's dad. I know how much he hates me,I'm surprised he let me come and visit.