ı 02 ı My Broken Light

Começar do início

So far Caroline and Elijah are the only ones who know about our hidden link, and I plan on keeping it that way.

"Caroline, what are you doing here so early? The party doesn't start for another three hours," Elena asks, walking down the stairs.

"I've come to help," she says. She smiles at me and I mouth the words 'thank you' before she walks off to help set up for the party tonight.

˜ ˜ ˜ ˜ ˜ ˜ ˜ ˜ 

*Three hours Later*

"You know, people are going to think you're a cop or something if you keep staring everyone down. You're scaring them," Caroline jokes over the loud music that plays.

Little in no time does Caroline have this place set to party, as the boarding house is filled with dancing teenagers, lights, alcohol, and even a DJ.

"Consider me the chaperone," I say, smiling.

She nudges me in the arm. "Come on, James. Let loose and have fun. You deserve it."

Not until Blair is home, I think.

I smile, but my attention is turned to the stairs as Elena eyes me from a distance. Her face is filled with sadness and concern which sparks my attention. She turns and walks up the stairs, and I take that as my queue to follow her.

"I'll be right back," I say, following Elena up the stairs.

I walk upstairts and hear her light footsteps enter Damon's room.

"What are you doing up here?" I ask.

"How long have you and Damon been keeping track?" she asks, her back turned away from me.

I hesitate. "What?"

"How long have you guys been tracking Blair and Stefan? Why haven't you told me?" she asks, turning around. I look behind her and see she's found the map Damon and I have been using, filled with red sticky notes and news articles.

"Damon and I didn't want to get your hopes up. To be honest, they haven't led us anywhere," I say honestly.

She looks at me with sympathy. "So where is Damon now?" she asks gently.

I pause. That is a good question. I haven't seen Damon since this morning.

"I don't know," I answer.

Where is Damon?

BLAIR POV

"I have received information that your brother and your friend Alaric are on our tail again," Klaus growls while shoving an unconscious Ray into the back of his truck.

"I um," I gulp.

"We'll take care of it," Stefan says, answering for the both of us.

"You better," Klaus says. "Call me when it's done," he says before hopping in his truck and driving away.

Before I even think about what Stefan plans on doing to get Damon and Alaric off our tail, I can't stop thinking of one thing; why didn't Klaus mention James? Was he not looking for me too?

∆ ∆ ∆

When I heard Stefan's plan I wasn't too shocked. In fact, I was quite happy. Especially when he said I got to threaten Andie. Words cannot describe how much I hate that woman, especially since she's Damon's stupid toy. I've hated her ever since I saw her.

The smile on my face as I hold Andie by the throat in front of me can only explain how happy I am.

"I hear someone," Stefan says. I listen carefully and hear footsteps approaching us.