Scorpius smirked, “Oh and you don’t think I haven’t?”

Teddy frowned, “What do you mean? I know you haven’t….”

“Well believe what you like Teddy, but I know for a fact that I’m always just one step ahead of you.” Scorpius smirked remembering the day in St. Mungo’s infirmary.

Flashback

Scorpius speed walked down the crowded halls of St. Mungo’s as he carried a bouquet of pink roses. He was desperately trying not to run into someone in order not to hurt the flowers. Finally he approached the sanctuary of the room his beloved was staying in, walking into the open room with rush. He smiled as he in took the fragile looking golden headed, crystal eyes girl sitting up on her hospital bed. Libby Weasley was standing next to her, sporting a nice summer dress, her read hair cascading down her back. There was a time when Scorpius had once grown to fancy Libby and had thought of asking the girl out at one point in his fifth year when he thought he would have no chance with Clary, but then he found out that Libby fancied Hucklebere, so he made no attempt. Though he had to admit, Libby was definitely a beauty and he was sure there were boys trailing after Libby—as well as her sister. “Good Morning,” Scorpius said with an easy flow of words. He was good with speaking to women, he knew what to say and he was hardly ever nervous, plus he had the looks to help.

Libby and Clary smiled up at Scorpius, “Morning Scorp,” Clary announced first as her eyes caught sight of the flowers. “Now Scorpius how many times must I tell you that you needn’t buy me flowers every time you visit?”

Scorpius smiled, “Well I figure you need a little color to brighten this dreary room.” Scorpius replied as he glanced in Libby’s direction her eyes lingering on the flowers. In all honestly, these were actually Libby’s favorite flowers, Scorpius had completely forgotten what Clary’s favorites were, since she wasn’t much of a flower person anyhow. “How are you Libs?”

Libby blinked, coming back from her trance as she smiled up at Scorpius, “Oh I’m well! Just a bit lopsided since Lars decided to ditch me for a date with Bradley. But I figure it’s about time to go crash their date, so I think I’ll be leaving now.” Libby stated as she looked over at Clary with a smile, “Remember what I said about those healers, they can be sneaky!” Clary’s cheeks heated up as a red tint ran across her pale cheeks and Libby grinned at this, stifling a laugh.

“Oh hush and just leave, you’re nothing but evil.” Clary announced with a blush as Libby smiled.

“Alright, well take care of her Scorpius and make sure she doesn’t try to escape!” Libby called out before she disappeared from the room, Scorpius immediately turned his attention back to the girl he was visiting.

“Well then, where shall I place these?” Scorpius asked Clary who smiled.

“Oh… Um you could set them on the other end table, where Teddy’s are.” Clary responded nonchalantly as she pointed to the closest end table to her where two yellow daffodils were placed in a nice white, cerulean vase. Scorpius immediately glared down at the yellow daffodils, finally remembering Clary’s favorites and who else would have gotten her those, then Teddy Lupin. Scorpius murmured some unpleasant words as he realized how stupid he was for buying a dozen pink roses. “What?” Clary asked as Scorpius straightened and smiled down at her.

“Oh nothing! I was just wondering when Teddy came, because I didn’t notice these flowers yesterday.” Scorpius replied saving himself as he pointed down at the yellow, mocking daffodils.

“Oh he came earlier this morning. Him and James both, apparently they were finishing moving things in from Teddy’s place to the Potter’s. Since his grand mum is leaving and what not, and I don’t very well blame her.” Clary responded as he hugged her knees tighter against her chest.