☡ chapter forty-one ☡

a/n: ummm... This book might possibly come to an end soon. I'm not doing over fifty.
COMMENT
COMMENT
COMMENT

GO
READ
THE
NEW
BOOK
OPERATION
PROTECTION

word count: 712
______________________________

Late.

Of fucking course Zayn was late. Not ten minutes, not thirty--- but two hours and a half late.

              After waiting and waiting, Niall decided to just go home. He was already mad enough that he couldn't find a job earlier that day. He called Zayn, texted- hell, he even messaged Liam twice. But nobody replied to him. Niall didn't care. He shouldn't have in the first place.

             Theo was in bed when he got home. "Heya, Niall. How was your date?" Harry teased and Louis giggled. Niall ignored the two and went to his room, slamming the door shut. He paced his floor in anger and threw papers onto the floor, pushed at the wall, and he threw himself onto his bed.

              "Niall?" Harry's voice called out on the other side and Louis opened the door for them. "Niall.. Niall, what happened?" Louis asked and Niall looked at them both. "He stood me up." Niall replied in a whisper that broke into a cry. Harry sat right beside him and rubbed his back. "I'm sorry.. It's my fault. I shouldn't hav-" "Hey, I gotta go pick up Austin. I'll be back." Louis says quickly and was even quicker to leave. "Harry... I'm in love with him."

             Louis sped the back roads to Zayns house and he pulled into his driveway, seeing his car was still there. He gave three hard knocks on the door before entering unannounced. "ZAYN!" Louis screamed and Zayn walked out of the bedroom placing the belt through its loops. "You... You have someone in there, don't you?" Louis asked and Zayn nodded like it should be obvious.

             "What about Niall?!" Louis lost his chill and Zayn shrugged. "Eh." He plopped on the chair as a blonde headed boy proceeded to leave his house. "Do you realise Niall waited for almost three hours for you?" Louis interrogated and Zayn pretended to not hear it. "YOU STOOD HIM UP AND NOW HES BAWLING HIS EYES OU-" "I WAS SCARED, DAMMIT!" Zayn yelled back as he swiftly stood up.

              The room was quiet and Zayn let the tension in his shoulders go. "I.. I was nervous. I started to freak out. I couldn't find anything to wear. I didn't look good enough. I- I didn't even know how to talk. I don't know why, Louis. I just can't." Zayn  clenched his eyes.

            "You promised me," Louis pointed, "you promised me you wouldn't hurt him if you could talk Kane into talking him into coming back." He said through gritted teeth. "Louis I told Niall I loved him before he left... He hasn't even looking me in the eyes correctly because I can't express anything I feel without sex." Zayn explained and Louis rubbed his forehead.

              "I know it's hard.... To understand me, I mean. I can't even do it myself." Zayn sat back down and closed his eyes. "I know someone who does."

               Zayn was watching telly until he saw the shadow of Liam emerge from the doorframe. "Hey there, stranger." Liam spoke first and kicked his shoes off. "Louis told me what happened." Liam added and Zayn turned the telly off and just looked at Liam. "I don't know what to do, Liam. I can't do what I want to. Because I've made myself into this.. this.. toxic monster," Zayn described and Liam nodded.

                  "And I can't even look at him without wanting to just feel him. Not even sexually. Just make sure he's there." Zayn tried to get it out of his mouth but he didn't want to say it. It was a feeling in his chest that made his heart slam against his rib cage. "Liam... I... I love him." Zayn whispered and it got quiet.

              "Bring him to the alley again. Redo it from where you first messed up." Liam said. "You're right I just... I need some time to plan it out." He tells himself more. "Just make sure he knows, okay?" Liam nodded and Zayn stood up and pulled Liam into his embrace.

               "I've missed you, Liam." Zayn smiled and Liam laughed too.
                "And I've missed you."